How much should I charge for this?

I’ve been asked to teach one of our interns this summer for 2 months, one-to-one, 3 hours a week, outside work hours.

I have many years teaching experience and a CTEFLA. Strictly speaking, this is kind of a corporate gig.

Without going into details, interns here tend to have well-connected parents, so we’re not talking about a poor student here.

Serious question, how much should I charge?

Cheers.

NT$1,000/hr, min.

What Jaboney said

Not less than $1000 per hour, and maybe $1200-1400? :idunno:

I normally charge NT$1000 for each 1.5 hr class (so NT$666.67 an hour) regardless of the kind of English I’m teaching, but 700-750 an hour if it involves a lot of prep and/or travel time.

I used to get a grand outta less well connected parents for that kind of thing. You have to price your product for your buyer. If you’re doing this for someone “special,” then you need a special price. I’m guessing that mom and dad have thrown big blue bills at lots of teachers before for their special boy, and this is on your own time (and your primary job is not teaching, right?). I’d say not less than $1500, maybe more–and then I’d do a great job and be worth much more.

Thanks for the advice so far. Any other thoughts?

Sure, they may be well-heeled, but the wealthy are notorious penny-pinchers. Seems like a great gig and you don’t want to lose it because you’re asking too much. Ask for 1200 (reasonable). If they accept, great. Otherwise let them beat you down to 1000.
Of course, you must decide how valuable it is to you. If they offer X and you’re happy to do it for X, do it. They could always find someone else if they think your price is too high. :2cents:

[quote=“jimipresley”]Sure, they may be well-heeled, but the wealthy are notorious penny-pinchers. Seems like a great gig and you don’t want to lose it because you’re asking too much. Ask for 1200 (reasonable). If they accept, great. Otherwise let them beat you down to 1000.
Of course, you must decide how valuable it is to you. If they offer X and you’re happy to do it for X, do it. They could always find someone else if they think your price is too high. :2cents:[/quote]

Oh, I don’t really NEED this, so I was considering asking for something at the upper end of “not quite cheeky”. If they accept, fine. If not… fine.

[quote=“irishstu”]

Oh, I don’t really NEED this, so I was considering asking for something at the upper end of “not quite cheeky”. If they accept, fine. If not… fine.[/quote]
Well that’s the way to go, then. Ask for 1800 and let them beat you down to 1500. :thumbsup:

What are you expected to teach? What’s her level? How much preowNow much interest/ time do you have? I’d factor in all of that.

Dude! DUDE! Your off-hours time? What would N say? I mean, what in the HOLY FUCK would N say? Jesus! NT$1500 MINIMUM! AND they have to come to a location near your house.
You KNOW it makes sense!