How much would you pay... for cleaning services?

I was asking around some friends and getting widely varying answers… so I thought I’d ask if anyone knows how much would be appropriate to pay someone to clean our smallish school. I’ve had rates quoted as high as NT$600 per hour for cleaning… i can’t help think that is a tad ‘high’ cough

? :roflmao:

Kenneth

You are asking the wrong people, I paid NT$1.2k for 6 hrs for a Taiwanese.

Pinas cleaning on the side are cheaper than this, and rumors has that they do a better job.

[quote=“Mr He”]You are asking the wrong people, I paid NT$1.2k for 6 hrs for a Taiwanese.

Pinas cleaning on the side are cheaper than this, and rumors has that they do a better job.[/quote]

True about the “Pinas” doing a better job. The going rate, here in Hsinchu, is NT250/hour.

I curently pay NT$1200 for 5 hours.

You can get Pinas for a thou a day, however fines are huge if caught.

It should cost around NT$ 200 to 300 per hour, if you are paying by the hour.

I paid 250 an hour.

Thanks for those tips… The lady we interviewed wanted 12000 for 90 minutes three times a week… At that rate, I’d be making more money cleaning than teaching…

:loco:
Kenneth

We recently started using this company to clean our home:

http://www.supermaid.com.tw/

The rate is 350/hr, for say weekly cleans they require you to hire them for a four-hour block. The cleaners are all Taiwanese citizens. They can give you a receipt (收據). They do residential and commercial cleaning. Their cleaners have to take classes. I’m happy with our cleaner, she is very thorough and a good organiser. But, it’s hard to recommend companies because each cleaner within it is different.

There is a lot of information on the site but it’s all in Chinese.

We used another, more expensive company in the past and they arrived like ghostbusters with all kinds of equipment and three cleaners, but we finally dropped them because they still managed to miss dust on the floor, and left us feeling a bit exhausted by the visit.

Hope that information helps.

Wow! That’s a great link, we’ll contact them. The other lady never bothered to call us back, which makes me think she either backed herself into a corner and didn’t know how to get out or didn’t want the job.

We’ll try this company. See what they say. “asiababy”, Very HELPFUL! :smiley:

Kenneth