How much would you pay to see an MMA event in Taiwan?

I was just curious about if there was an MMA event in Taipei with local MMA fighters , what would be the most you would pay to see such an event and why ? The event would be like this .

Indoors
8 ten minute fights
pay at the gate
in Taipei
Sunday afternoon
Scantly clad Ring girls ( of coarse)

What would be the most you would be willing to pay 300 NT$ ,500NT$, 1000NT$ or nothing ?

Gord

Local fighters? Free!
Haven’t there already been a few free events?

I’d pay to be a part of a tournament :smiley:

If there was a high-level fighter, I would pay up to NT$1,000, if there were other well-matched fights on, too.

If Miltownkid was fighting someone really tough, maybe NT$2,000. :smiley: :wink:

Or how about taking on 3 people that were almost tough?

I can see it now… “miltownkid vs. Sandman, Frost and Fred Smith”

I think that’d be a pretty good fight.

I’d prefer to see Miltonkid v. 914 and tash, but the result would be a foregone conclusion so there would be no good betting – just the pleasure of seeing MK taken DOWN, baby! :wink:

Seriously what do you think people would be willing to pay to see an event ? I know Id slap down 500 for it on a Sunday afternoon . Hell it beats watching cartoons ! People cant expect free events for ever . Its too much work and money to put one on simply as public service . Like I said in the other thread , if MMA is to take off on the island we need to start having paid events . If there is some money in it then we could even start paying the fighters ,which I think would be fair since they have to train hard and sacrifice much to be able to get in the ring .

Gord

Whether or not I would pay for it or not would depend on a few things. If it were held in a grotty basement and I couldnt see shit…and also had to swim through urine to ge tto the toilet…forget it. I also think an evening show would be better for the the atmosphere.

As far as I’m aware, there are no fighters here that a worth paying to see, with the exception of Kazeka. You would have to bring some Japanese and Phillippino (amongst others) fighters over to make it a quality event.

Just my perspective

[quote=“miltownkid”]I can see it now… “miltownkid vs. Sandman, Frost and Fred Smith”

I think that’d be a pretty good fight.[/quote]1 ninja against 3 pirates is hardly a fair fight, arrrr

But I’d heard that you, CLF, were pretty handy with your hands and feet.

Would you not be tempted?

I think most tournaments other than the very biggest ones have one ‘superfight’, usually two fairly big names, with a whole load of lower-level fighters. The high-level fight gets everyone excited about who will prove to be the better fighter, and the lower-level fights are usually more entertaining as the guys are not so reluctant to make a risky move.

I’d certainly be interested in participating in one … as a photographer, of course. :astonished:

Does MMA allow scratching and eye gouging?

Seriously, though, I’d pay $500 max, but it would be worth it to see the Rock vs Milltownkid. Size vs speed. Interesting. It would be a bit like that fight between Bruce Lee and that basketball guy, except that Bruce would be lanky and fast, using the other guy’s power to take him down, and erm… the basketball guy would be a bit shorter and built like a tank.

Come to think of it, it wouldn’t really be like that fight between Bruce and the basketball guy, would it? I’d still like to see it though.

:s

I’m a retired Thai boxer…haven’t fought in five years…to get into the kind of shape neccesary to compete again would require a miracle. Besides, there are no suitable training partners here- (not meaning to sound like an aarsehole) and my ground work needs at least two more years of rapid progress.

I’m a retired Thai boxer…haven’t fought in five years…to get into the kind of shape neccesary to compete again would require a miracle. Besides, there are no suitable training partners here- (not meaning to sound like an aarsehole) and my ground work needs at least two more years of rapid progress.

OK, OK. I heard you the first time! :wink:

I know how you feel: I have a hard time finding BJJ training partners who are at my level. Until I can afford to ship one of those grappling dummies over here, I’m in a league of my own. :blush:

Well, seriously…

I went to the Sanda event at the Living Mall this weekend. That was free and I just popped in and out from boredom (but maybe that’s because I just got done watching 2 hours of Judo).

The TFKC events I went to were all pretty entertaining to me. I would pay money to see those in a place I could sit down, have a nice view of the ring, etc.

I don’t think the fighters have to be big names. As long as it’s an entertaining fight to watch I’d be happy. Entertaining could be watching really good fighters do beautiful things. Or really sloppy guys beating the crap out of each other.

I saw a fight Sakuraba won and then he apologized for having a “boring” fight.

I’d pay 500 to watch some well matched up NHB fights.

start at nt$100-200 and go up from there as quality of fighters and attendance goes up. Look for sponsorship. Tons of companies looking to throw money at the right event. I would market the grappling tournaments and mma tournaments completely separately

Foot, let’s think about this. As you know, Andy Wang held a free event earlier this year. How many people came to it? TFKC holds free events at Warner where people who have never heard of MMA stumble across the event and watch. How many people does that draw? And these are free events.

One of the reasons for the poor response is that the quality of fighters just available in Taiwan just isn’t very good. Who would be your top fighters? Nick and Vaughn? While they’re great guys and they’d beat me, it’s just not what people are expecting when they have to pay.

If I knew a lot of fighters personally and a group of us went, I might possibly pay $100 or $200 . Other than that, unless you can pull out some BIG surprise, I wouldn’t pay anything to see any of the local MMA fighters.

On the other hand, if you have an event, let me know. I’d love to fight in it.

Believe me I

I would pay up to $500 for the first experience. It would depend on the amount of fights and the rules. The venue facilities as well.Like people said. Can we site down. Is it going to be a pig pen.

I think if there was some money in the events more people out there would be willing to put their ass on the line and jump in the ring. People pay to see Tank Abbot fight and he is no technical fighting machine. Just a scrapper but he makes good entertainment.