How not to be a Taiwan tax resident while living in Taiwan

No they don’t just the person at the counter thought that, if not careful it could end up being investigated for tax identity fraud or money laundering.

I’m not assuming anything.

I’m just going off of the way the they treat dual nationals arriving. Dual nationals applying for and having arcs and work permits. Dual nationals being allowed separate record of ID numbers for each nationality and @Satellite_TV being told that it is treated separately.

I’m not assuming anything. I’m putting the patterns together

Just because something may seem ridiculous in the UK or other countries doesn’t mean it isn’t the case in Taiwan

1 Like

As already said, I don’t think that the answer from one or two tax office clerks about an unusual situation represents the official answer from the tax office. I’m sure you already know that it’s not all that uncommon for them to give dubious answers to questions they don’t know the answer to. Definitely something that should be gotten in writing.

1 Like

How could it be either one? It’s a legitimate identity and the money isn’t being laundered

How can it be tax identity fraud? Are you claiming my identities are fraudulent because they all have different names?

Money laundering this is not lol. You might say tax minimization under legal auspices.

I fully agree.

It’s @Satellite_TV silent silent partner

Exactly, especially for a “person” who has never entered Taiwan.

If you read what I wrote it says investigate not convicted. Multi identity and nationalities are one of the tools money launders and tax evaders use, they are a red flags, hence the warning to be careful, get everything double checked, in writing and referenced to the appropriate legislation.

Go back and re-read my sentence.

Let’s say then that one natural person (SatTV) is now two people for tax purposes - the one doing the work and residing in Taiwan (SatTV-A) and the one receiving the payment for the work who’s never entered Taiwan (SatTV-B).

Would it be legal in general for a person to have a part of their salary/income paid to a different person (say, an unemployed or overseas person, or both) so they don’t need to pay tax on it? It seems like that might be considered tax evasion.

1 Like

What if we know already it’s 3 or more…?

Taiwan doesn’t have common law. Judges cannot make up laws that aren’t already there.

In the UK or a common law country… yes you could say that as a judge would obviously rule that and it would be baked into the case law.

A Pakistan passport and new name only needs an investment of less than US$20k.

Well, actually yes. There can be many legal persons inside a singular physical person.

If I were to acquire TW passport under my sole Chinese name without any connection to my Italian me but the face and DOB, then it would be challenging to demonstrate any connection to a third country, like the UK for instance. I would be 2 ppl, as for Italy I would be Mr A and for TW Mr B, and the UK can’t know those r the same physical person.

You know what’s the best example for this? his Britannic Majesty, who is also the King of Canada, Australia, NZ and his other realms and territories, plus sovereign also of all Canadian provinces and Australia states. He is one but many, since all those legal persons are a corporation sole within the crown, and the crown is one and many.

@Satellite_TV in this case is like that, one and many. The same person but different and separate

1 Like

Schizophrenia?

2 Likes

Do they all have to pay tax individually? Would the first identity have to pay tax in its registered territory, then if the money transferred to a second identity would that identity have to pay tax also?

No because he’s not a tax resident or resident for that matter in any country… I know @Satellite_TV personally and the one he will be using is not a resident anywhere…

It is legal to be not a tax resident anywhere.

Long term aliens with arcs in Taiwan are technically not tax residents anywhere for the first 183 days a year

1 Like

This depends entirely on the country’s involved, US your always liable for tax, Australia are pretty keen on checking up on people too (there was a poster on here who had the wrong box ticked at the bank and caused them problems). Uk get as confused as here sometimes it will chase you if they think something is not right.

The rest I don’t know but I think it would be a pretty easy loophole to not pay any tax if true and a lot of people would use it.

I should spend less than six months a year on any passport in any country then I would not be tax resident anywhere.

1 Like

That’s an exemption. Not the rule.

I know the poster personally and there was more than just that…

Also Australia has never bothered me and even have me listed as non resident on their portal

1 Like