How often do you exercise?

How often do you get at least 30-40 minutes of real, vigorous exercise?

• At least 7 times per week.
  • 5-6 times per week.
  • 3-4 times per week.
  • 1-2 times per week.
  • 2-3 times per month.
  • once a month.
  • It’s been a few months.
  • Years. I hate exercise.

0 voters

Just curious.

Every day. 90 minutes. Power walk up the hill behind my place carrying a 10-pound dumbell in each hand. Steep hill with many steps, taken fast enough to leave me gasping for breath, followed by half an hour of reps at the top. (Plus a couple of fags and a can of Kirin, but hey, we can’t all be perfect).
Sleep better, eat better, fuck better, work better, look better, feel better.

At present, 6 days a week, 60 min a day minimum, brisk walking and light jogging. I used to jog 4km a day at the Tai-Da Univ track many moons ago, but some sloth-like years overtook that and my belly grew. I started up again this past spring after feeling too shitty mentally and physically about being overweight, and concerned for my heart and overall health.

Every day. It’s an essential part of my daily life. A day without exercise is a massive downer for me.

Unfortunately, with a highly demanding baby in the house, plus the closure of my downstairs pool and gym earlier this year, I’ve had to drastically cut down my exercise these last three months. The daily swim has gone completely, and now I can only snatch an hour or so in the gym each day, which I usually use to do a vigorous 20 km on the stationary bike and 5 km on the treadmill (10 km on the few days when I can extend my time there to an hour and a half). I also do 30~60 minutes a day with a couple of 6 kg weights at home. It’s not much, but it’s enough to keep me basically fit until I can get back to a proper exercise routine. How I’m longing for the day!

MT,
With regards to the poll and the frequency of exercise, can we include boning the missus as exercise?

[quote=“almas john”]MT,
With regards to the poll and the frequency of exercise, can we include boning the missus as exercise?[/quote]

That’s what the “once a month” option is for, isn’t it?

The term “vigorous” exercise sounds like something I am not really interested in. I play 1-2 hours of non-competitive basketball a three times a week and do stretching + plus some yoga and qigong exercises everyday. But I don’t think I do anything vigorous.

I used to be quite a health nut.

I was always training, 365 days a year, for triathlons, biathlons, marathons, ultra-marathons, half marathons, swimming galas, cycling tours, the ironman, golf tournaments …

In addition, I went to gym at least 5 days a week.

Those were the days! I was a ripped 90 kg at a height if 1.83m.

It all came to a abrupt end after my arrival in Taiwan. Too busy, too hot, too cold, too much traffic, too much pollution, too many … excuses.

Consequently, I currently resemble a jelly baby. :sunglasses:

I know what you mean. For a while I was riding the bike 2 or 3 days a week, figuring that was pretty good. I didn’t ride more because (a) I’m very busy and (b) I had this notion that one should have a day of rest between excercise. But lately I’m totally hooked, am averaging about 6 days a week, and have discovered a nearby swimming pool that opens at 5:30 am, so I can take a break from riding before work to swim instead from time to time.

The day off thing is an old wives tale. Sure, the body needs a break occasionally, but once or twice a week off should suffice and if one’s cross-training even that may not be necessary. But, like you, I find the day off to be a disappointment. Sure, it won’t kill you to take a day off, and if you’ve earned it in the prior days then one should relax and enjoy it, but it still feels good to get back at it again the next day. :slight_smile:

Btw, while I’m addicted to it all, I’m struggling to find a way to inspire my wife to get back into it (because I know it would make her happier). I know the desire needs to come from within, but I wish to hell that I knew how to inspire that desire within her. I thought my enthusiasm might eventually do the trick to restart her, but so far no luck. . . :s

Virtually everyday now, and for the last couple months. Exercise of choice is jogging. I run a few Ks everyday around a course I set out in my community. I feel like crap if I miss a day, so now I try not to. It’s given me a hell of a boost and keeps me in more productive states throughout my day. I think I’m still a pretty big boy, but people are starting to say I look different. That’s not the important thing, though. It’s how I feel that keeps me going…

Probably 6 days a week I do something. Fast walking, calisthenics, weights (heavy dumbbells) with some heavy bag and other stuff thrown in a few times a week for a change of pace.
Its now at the point where I have to do something or I just don’t feel as good. Stress relief.

I try to do 1x a day, but 3 of those days are more vigorous types of exercise.

I like to incorporate running as a general conditioning item: i find that I have more energy by expending energy (does it improve circulation thus that feeling), my posture and walk is better, and so my confidence is up.

I cycle 4-5 days a week, anywhere from 20 to 60km. I’m fast becoming addicted to climbing (on a bike not rock/mountain) so am spending a lot of time in the mountains. Also do a dumbbell workout at home 2-3 times a week, although I’m not as enthused by that, even though it feels great to do. When I get a bit more time, probably next month, I’m going to add an hour or two of yoga into the mix as well. I learnt yoga in India and know enough to not need to find a class so it’ll be easy enough to do at home. Just got to find the time.