How Philippines President Duterte cured his gayness

You know what they say about homophobic people.

1 Like

That guy is hilarious. Betcha heā€™s still gay!

Itā€™s not gay if youā€™re the top. Ask anybody who was in prison.

3 Likes

Itā€™s hard to tell if anything this guy says is even halfway truthful or if heā€™s just doing a stream-of-consciousness standup routine. If Lenny Bruce had been a halfwitted psychopath, he would have sounded like Duterte.

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/JnKMKAEvLxM

Nsfw. Duterte reminds me of Big Bob

2 Likes

That explains so muchā€¦ Sometimes those bullied takes on the role of bullies to protect themselvesā€¦

1 Like

This is the same halfwit who said, among his other gems, ā€œAs long as there are many beautiful women, there will be more rape cases.ā€

Itā€™s disheartening how many idiotic grifters become political leaders. It seems no country is immune. But whatā€™s more amazing is the multitude of citizens who abandon rational thinking and support these leaders.

6 Likes

So it can be cured.

Seriously thatā€™s like saying I was born a certain skin color but now Iā€™m cured by changing it.

Either heā€™s bi or was just experimenting.

1 Like

Thereā€™s an unwarranted assumption in there somewhere, I think :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I doubt itā€™s either one. Heā€™s just making shit up. Have you listened to him talk? Itā€™s like listening to the local wetbrain around closing time at the pub. Just a jumble of mumbles, with no apparent logical thread or connection to terrestrial reality.

2 Likes

People seem to like him there though.

Because he focused on violent crime, which is then understandable.
If all pols are corrupt it may make sense.

It doesnā€™t work that way.

Think it through. You canā€™t bully someone whoā€™s bigger and tougher than you. Bullying can only go one way. Itā€™s hierarchical.

From what I know, he has cleaned up the streets. But I can endorse the way he did it. Rule of law is needed in a democracy.

You surely meant ā€œcanā€™tā€ in the above, right?

1 Like

He didnā€™t really. He got rid of some of the most prominent (and a lot of low-level scumbags), but the general ethos of life is unchanged. The guys at the top, or in political office, still carry on committing crimes. Theyā€™ve just changed their business model a bit. The guys at the bottom still wander around the neighbourhood stealing, and they still get their drugs from somewhere. Theyā€™re just more careful about who they buy from. All of the structural problems that are the root cause of all this are still there.

The problem is that rule of law is expensive. Human rights are only affordable when criminal behaviour is a rare event. When 10% of the population belong in jail, and another 30% are aimless layabouts pumping out the next generation of criminals, what are you gonna do? If you tell the drug dealers thereā€™s going to be a crackdown, and they just carry on dealing drugs, what are you gonna do?

There has been no effective law enforcement in the Philippines for centuries - in fact the entire concept of ā€œLawā€ is baffling to most people. Itā€™s a society where the guy with the biggest stick, or the most money, runs the show. People vote for such people because thatā€™s the way itā€™s been since forever; if you didnā€™t support the right guy, youā€™d end up floating down the river. Just take your 1000 pesos (the standard vote-buying rate these days), tick the right box, and life goes on as before.

1 Like

I guess they should be investigating how to turn straight people gay.

1 Like

Yes