How secure is Shopee?

I bought a windows 10 pro key on eBay for like $10 – difficult to say how “legit” these keys are or where they come from, but so far my laptop has been running for ~10 months without any issues

My impression with them is that you won’t have any trouble installing or running windows, but you’re not going to be getting any technical support from Microsoft with them

1 Like

mostly owned by tencent

I charge less than the full OEM copies that they sell at stores. I don’t know how legit the ebay copies are but I know I have real tangible copies.
Prices in TWD.

$2000 for home
$3000 for pro

They work and you receive a real microsoft sticker or card.

3 Likes

I don’t think they can get away with that, they need a local partner that has a majority in shares.

Originally was Singaporean and then when they went IPO, Tencent bought most of the shares. Shopee was already established in Taiwan at this point. The actual Singaporean CEO was born in China. Its now majority owned by a Chinese company.

This is a controversial issue which has been gaining heat. Lots of Netizens want the government to clamp down on Shopeee.

Thing is, Shopee have done a lot of good and really turned around Taiwan’s turgid E-Commerce sector. I would hate for them to leave and have to go back to that PCHome/Yahoo shit https://taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2020/07/31/2003740864