How the Dems are preparing for the Fall elections

…uhm…

…hmmmmm…

help me out here.

State your case boys and girls.

One key step of course is reaping the harvest from a nation that now (according to the latest AP polls) wants the Republicans out of Congress. 2/3 of Americans want the Dems in and the GOPpers out . I guess letting the fields lie fallow for a couple of years can produce good crops – particularly when the Republicans have followed slash-and-burn policies for the past 12 years.

A better question is “what are the Republicans doing?” Seems like more screwing up, more scandals, and more efforts to ensure legitimate black citizens are denied the opportunity to vote through fake “felon” lists and the like. Disgusting.

So you don’t know either, huh? :wink:

By emphasizing the disastrous policies of the GOP over the past 5 years.

hmm, so they’re short on ideas you say?

:laughing: :bravo:

Isn’t that what they said in the Prez erection of 2004?

We’re all Yellow Dog Democrats now.

[/quote]

Not at all.

In addition, they express how they, the Dems, can do better.

The idea that the Dems have no ideas is yet another example of a lie repeated so often by the GOP that people come to believe it.

[/quote]

Not at all.

The idea that the Dems have no ideas is yet another example of a lie repeated so often by the GOP that people come to believe it.[/quote]

And the Democrats’ avoidance of providing more than a sealed envelope replete with good ideas, but for now hidden in the breast pocket of Al Gore, is an oft repeated return.

:smiley:

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Chris”]Not at all.

The idea that the Dems have no ideas is yet another example of a lie repeated so often by the GOP that people come to believe it.[/quote]

And the Democrats’ avoidance of providing more than a sealed envelope replete with good ideas, but for now hidden in the breast pocket of Al Gore, is an oft repeated return.

:smiley:[/quote]

Huh?

The Democrats are filled with ideas. You’ll see/hear them on C-SPAN, on candidate websites, on Air America Radio, in their campaign speeches, exclusive interviews, etc. But the mainstream media, dominated by corporate and GOP interests, do not give the Dems adequate opportunities to express them.

hand
clutch
chest

Wait a minute! The media is biased against the liberals??? And this is because the media is too busy crucifying Bush and Co day in and day out?

:astonished: :astonished:

Thanks Chris. I’ve been bummed recently, but that cheers me a bit. :notworthy:

I think rather than filled with you should use full of…

which is watched by millions and millions of viewers…

no comment

yeah. How’s that great radio effort working out for you?

so then, given all these “ideas” you should be able to come up with oh say the top 10 that you agree with most? Be sure and write them all down now.

only someone who lives in the Bay area could believe this is true. Shall we have our stats again on what percentage of reporters vote Democrat and when polled on positions find themselves far far far to the left of even the average Berkley resident? haha nice try but no cigar.

This won’t determine my vote, but according to polls the public wants the GOP out. A decade of leadership is enough, and people want something fresh. That’s all the Dems need. They just need to say, “Hey, we are not Republican, right?” and I think they’ll get the majority. It will be as simple as that. The hard part for the Dems will be winning the White House, I’ll put good money on the fact that they already got Congress locked in.

Based on results in recent elections, I suspect that Democratic preparations are as follows:

1. Find big gun
  2. Load gun, prepare to fire
  3. Aim gun at own foot
  4. Wait for an opportunity to shoot

And you see nothing wrong with this?

This IMO is a step up from “Vote fer me, cause I ain’t black like that other fella is.”

And you see nothing wrong with this?

This IMO is a step up from “Vote fer me, cause I ain’t black like that other fella is.”[/quote]

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong. I just feel this is the sentiment out there, and it will work this Novemeber. Whether it’s good or not, I guess depends on your political leanings. Personally, I feel a changeing of the gaurd will help. I had been a Republican since I registered to vote when I was 17. However, this last spring I re-registered as a Democrat after frustrations with the Republican leadership in my state. I feel the government has begun to lean too far right, and a shift left is needed to send it back to a comfortable middle. I think many Americans share this sentiment, and thus the “We are not Republicans” mantra will work for the Dems in the mid-terms. 2008 will be a different story, and will be quite a show to see who takes the White House.

[quote=“jwbrunken”]This won’t determine my vote, but according to polls the public wants the GOP out. A decade of leadership is enough, and people want something fresh. That’s all the Dems need. They just need to say, “Hey, we are not Republican, right?” and I think they’ll get the majority. It will be as simple as that. The hard part for the Dems will be winning the White House, I’ll put good money on the fact that they already got Congress locked in.[/quote]JW -
Good point.
However this has been tried before.
And the result was the Clinton* fiasco.
I think the voting populace is going to be much more careful in selecting replacements for those that wil be shown the door.
And I also think the internet and information available there is going to play a much heavier role in people backgrounding and holding accountable those they vote for.
At least I sincerely hope this is the case.

update since seeing your above post:
I agree about Congress. Although I still think the “We are not Republicans” things won’t be as heavy a deciding factor as you might see.
Maybe something along the lines of “Hey…I’ve never been arrested!” might be a suitable campaign slogan…

Feelings, nothing more than feelings, da da dah dah dah Feelings dah dah dah da DAH.

Spoken like a true Democrat. Congratulations on finding a party that suits you much better! :smiling_imp:

Feelings, nothing more than feelings, da da dah dah dah Feelings dah dah dah da DAH.

Spoken like a true Democrat. Congratulations on finding a party that suits you much better! :smiling_imp:[/quote]

What’s the song of the right then?

War Pigs?

Hmmm . . . ? Should I vote for the party with bad ideas or the party with no ideas?

Bad ideas/no ideas? Bad ideas/no ideas?

Doh!

[quote]Hmmm . . . ? Should I vote for the party with bad ideas or the party with no ideas?

Bad ideas/no ideas? Bad ideas/no ideas?

Doh![/quote]

What do the little voices in your head tell you to do? :smiling_imp: