How to argue with a global warming "skeptic"

Noises are occasionally made about China, but China’s response is along the lines of “go fuck yourselves”, couched in diplomatic language. Telling India to get its act together would be political suicide. You might as well put a flashing neon sign on your head saying “I hate brown people and poor people”.

3 Likes

This is paranoid thinking .
You need leadership in big Western countries to push green tariffs as well.
Trump?

Trump? Not really.

Exactly. You can’t lay it all on India and China being intransigent.

More straw mans and reading comprehension issues followed by nonsequiter replies? You guys are on a roll today.

Don’t try to change the subject. China and India are the biggest offenders and yet the tippy tops of the green progressives never mention them. It’s all a smokescreen for more globalism for Western countries.

2 Likes

Given the US much smaller population you have to admit it’s a big part of the problem too, a severe carbon polluter…

Per head US emissions are TEN TIMES higher than India. Put another way, if India has the same levels of emissions per head as the US we all be frying soon enough.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/z1dziG8nK98

The name Frank Luntz used to come up in these debates a lot…

I’m here before you to say that I was wrong in 2001,” Luntz told the Senate committee. “Just stop using something that I wrote 18 years ago, because it’s not accurate today.”

Chief GOP Strategist Calls for Climate Action

I’m doing the facepalm of all facepalms…

1 Like

@fredsmith is preparing his reply as we wait :smirk::wink: . Hello @Vay :blush:
As I approach my final days , I was considering whether to embrace environmental dangers …and Falun Dafa maybe …has there been any discourse on these subjects on Forumosa ?

Wait…I thought we had 12 more years. :astonished:

Maybe you , little grasshopper :neutral_face:

I trust that Taiwan’s advanced healthcare system can keep you alive for at least a few more years. My wife’s father had his first heart attack in his late 40s, and the doctors managed to keep him going for another 30 years!

3 Likes

@fredsmith is preparing his reply as we wait

I’m guessing he’d say Luntz is jumping on the climate change gravy train :roll_eyes: But Luntz himself says it’s because climate change affected him personally. How typically Republican.

Ask him/er how much money are you NOT MAKING from this trend/issue???

1 Like

5 Likes

Have you ever looked into the 97% “study” and how it was done?

(1) Explicit endorsement with quantification = 64 abstracts.

(2) Explicit endorsement without quantification = 922 abstracts.

(3) Implicit endorsement = 2910 abstracts.

4a) No position: Does not address or mention the cause of global warming

4b) Uncertain: Expresses position that human’s role on recent global warming is uncertain/undefined

…the total for 4a and 4b combined was 7970.

(5) Implicit rejection = 54 abstracts.

(6) Explicit rejection without quantification = 15 abstracts.

(7) Explicit rejection with quantification = 9 abstracts.

The Cook guy ignored all those who had no position or were uncertain. 1, 2 and 3 had all been grouped together. 3 basically means that their opinion is “humans somehow influence the climate but I cannot quantify it”, which is a very bottom-of-the-bin statement since even turning on air conditioning could be placed in that group.

2 Likes

I think that @vay and @fredsmith have touched on it before :wink:

No. I saw this on fb and laughed. That’s really all. I think there are enough reasons to aggressively pursue alternative energies, even if you don’t believe in this great supposed hoax. I know the plucky band of billionaires, senators, and oil executives would disagree, though.

2 Likes

New energy sources = new investments = new regulations = new taxes = $$$

Oh yeah I’m sure that governments and those evil billionaires aren’t rubbing their hands at this.

We can laugh at a meme, but the 97% “”“consensus”"" is as legit as the wage gap.

Oh jeez. @IbisWtf I’m very skeptical of your claims there, but in any case, the Cook study is far from the only consensus study. One I found very interesting to read was this:

http://www.pbl.nl/sites/default/files/cms/publicaties/pbl-2015-climate-science-survey-questions-and-responses_01731.pdf

But ignore any surveys or consensus studies. The latest IPCC WG1 assessment - written by over a hundred experts from around the globe and reviewed by over 1,000 more and which cites over 9,000 pieces of research- says that it is extremely likely (99%+ certain) that the majority of the warming since the mid-twentieth century has been caused by human activities. This is NOT a fucking question anymore.

2 Likes