How to block/ignore/mute a moderator?

I don’t think that’s how “In Soviet Russia” jokes work :grandpa:

4 Likes

Let’s try not pushing people over the edge…kay?

1 Like

It’s you he’s after, isn’t it? :thinking:

1 Like

Yea. All my talk about getting dual citizenship for foreigners really pushed @olm over the edge.

1 Like

Rule number one of forumosa club: don’t talk to moderators (including @discobot ) lol

2 Likes

I think it’s the house thing. How did that go btw?

Will make updates tonight! Was doing GST today and whinging about banks trying to make it difficult

So you’re saying @olm is jelly.

I wonder if calling fellow posters names like “jelly” is a punishable offence :thinking:

3 Likes

It is an unwarranted insinuation!

1 Like

But it wouldn’t make sense to be able to block a moderator or admin would it?

I mean what if they have important announcement to make?

That’s like blocking the emergency broadcast system.

1 Like

I made no such insinuation.

1 Like

I doubt that this moderator has anything important to say. I guess all important announcements are by the admin(s).

But yes, I get it why on this forum software moderators can’t be ignored. The “issue” is more that moderators don’t only moderate, but also participate a lot in the discussions. That’s not a bad thing per se, and especially in a community like ours it makes sense I think - active users become moderators to help keeping the forum civilized etc.

I guess my “case” is a bit special. I’ll suck it up and ignore manually :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yea, or let an admin know and see what they think. But moderator is like a job so it’s kinda weird to be able to ignore or block them.

Although you can’t ignore a moderator, you can always bring it to the attention of a trusted mod or admin.
Mods are people too and make mistakes. Being a mod doesn’t mean they are untouchable.

3 Likes

No worries, no moderator did anything wrong. But thanks for encouraging - maybe I’ll rat @Marco out. (Weird, autocorrect wanted to change rat to eat)

I’m simply not interested in certain posts, that’s purely my personal problem :slight_smile:

3 Likes

O_O

I know, right?

1 Like

I guess when the chair person role has a strong opinion and deletes the opposition, well then that is, emm, like russia.

So long as we don’t get to the point where the first person to stop clapping gets erased and sent for reeducation I guess it’s all good

1 Like

No likes? No mas!

2 Likes

That was one of Maos things, if you didn’t like his posts/speeches you were done for, lol