How to change address in ARC

Hi folks,

I’m a newbie here…
Read something about changing address within Taipei city…it mentioned, to go to Ximending police station & bring the necessary requirements. (posted by josefus, thanks for the info)
But the topic was started in 2007.
Is there a new process, where I can have my home address changed in ARC ID?

many thanks in advance.
BR & God bless,
Jose

Go to the NIA - the police station in Ximending no longer deals with immigration issues. The NIA building is near the metro station Xiaonanmen. It’s on Guangzhou Road (corner of Yanping S. Road), one block south of Aiguo Road.

Bring proof of your current address (lease, bill etc), bring photos (you’ll need a new card and they won’t use your old picture unless your last card was issued within the last 12 months), and make sure you tell them you moved within the last 15 days (any longer and you’ll be fined).

[quote=“spaint”]Go to the NIA - the police station in Ximending no longer deals with immigration issues. The NIA building is near the metro station Xiaonanmen. It’s on Guangzhou Road (corner of Yanping S. Road), one block south of Aiguo Road.

Bring proof of your current address (lease, bill etc), bring photos (you’ll need a new card and they won’t use your old picture unless your last card was issued within the last 12 months), and make sure you tell them you moved within the last 15 days (any longer and you’ll be fined).[/quote]

How big are the fine?

Also - does anyone have this in writing in chinese? Thanks

[quote=“tinster”][quote=“spaint”]Go to the NIA - the police station in Ximending no longer deals with immigration issues. The NIA building is near the metro station Xiaonanmen. It’s on Guangzhou Road (corner of Yanping S. Road), one block south of Aiguo Road.

Bring proof of your current address (lease, bill etc), bring photos (you’ll need a new card and they won’t use your old picture unless your last card was issued within the last 12 months), and make sure you tell them you moved within the last 15 days (any longer and you’ll be fined).[/quote]

How big are the fine?

Also - does anyone have this in writing in chinese? Thanks[/quote]

No idea on the fines. Try not to let them know if it’s been a long time since you moved.

In Chinese: immigration.gov.tw/aspcode/s … _disno=177
In English: immigration.gov.tw/immig_eng … .asp?id=13

Also don’t forget to take your passport (I forgot once).

Thank you spaint & tinster, for all your valuable replies.

BR & God bless,
Jose

hi just done my husbands arc change of address with him yesterday at the Guang Zho street, NIT…we were skeptical about the fine for late reporting (more than 15 days), but the lady that was on the phone as well as over the counter were very nice and there was no fine at all! on top of that, our ARC even got a 3-year extension since we were there changing the address. my husband was asked to write down a small affidavit stating we haven’t been in the new address for more than 15 days (she provided the “auspicious” date for us too!)…so don’t think they are here to make some profit from people just want foreigners to update their addresses.
hope this helps!

2 Likes

They did this same thing for me when I updated my address on my APRC a couple of years ago at the Taoyuan office.

Does anyone have the Chinese text used for the affidavit? Or help me come up with something appropriate in Chinese?

I don’t, but in my case the officer just wrote it herself on the form, or perhaps it was a separate sheet of paper, just a one line note of the date I “actually” started living at the new address, and I signed it.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.

This was actually very easy for me to do. The officer only wanted to know when I moved house and then said the change would be free of charge

1 Like