How to change default browsing language to Chinese?

My Yahoo! mail never displays the Chinese, and I always have to change it. I know how to manually change the encoding on websites using the “encoding” button. One day I was fiddling around trying to figure out how to make this change permanent, and I did it. From that day on, I never had to manually change the encoding; it was always displayed correctly.

Then I somehow managed to undo what I did, not really sure how, just that I was typing in my Chinese word processor (NJ Star), accidently hit a combination of keys with my left hand that caused the text I was typing to vanish, and then when I highlighted the blank space, I saw what looked like Russian characters. Closed my word processor and it was fine when opened again, but the next time I went to Yahoo! mail, the garbled Chinese was back. For the life of me, I cannot remember what the hell I did the first time to fix the problem!

I’ve tried the Language options in Control Panel, and that doesn’t seem to help. I’ve tried the Language option in Explorer, changing to Chinese, and that doesn’t help. It’s driving me nuts, because it must have been fairly easy for me to figure it out once already!

Help, anyone?