I’ve got my C drive set up for the OS only (XP 64-bit) and my documents are all on drive H (Raid 1). I’ve already gone into the Options in Word to set the dox location to the latter’s “My Documents RAID” folder, and when I initially open Word and go to the open docs folder icon, it does bring up the right folder in the open docs dialog window, but on the left side of that window, the old, unused My Docs from the C drive is still there, and I would really like to replace that or link it with my actual dox folder on H.
Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance!
EDIT: A very nice fellow* at Microsoft answered the question for me:
[quote]Change the Default Location of the My Documents Folder
To change the default location of the My Documents folder, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then point to My Documents.
- Right-click My Documents, and then click Properties.
- Click the Target tab.
- In the Target box, do one of the following:
• Type the path to the folder location that you want, and then click OK. For example, D:\My Stuff.
If the folder does not exist, the Create Message dialog box is displayed. Click Yes to create the folder, and then click OK.
• Click Move, click the folder in which to store your documents, and then click OK twice.
If you need to create a new folder, click Make New Folder. Type a name for the folder, and then click OK twice.
5. In the Move Documents box, click Yes to move your documents to the new location, or click No to leave your documents in the original location.[/quote]
*But only cuz he was a college roommate and close friend of mine.