How to change status of visa (visitor visa to resident visa): spouse from SEA or other designated countries

What is the duration of your visa? Is it extendable?

I’m afraid that you cannot get more useful advise, unless someone who did the same experience comes in.

1 Like

It’s for 60days and it seems it can get extended. And still thanks for replying i am really worried and didn’t know what to do i will just return home and think i guess

You seem to be ignoring the good answers to your question. The answers are: 1. maybe you can change visa status, 2. you have to go to immigration and ask. This may require some personal attention. 3. even if your Visa must be changed outside of Taiwan, you may be able to change visa with a day trip to Hong Kong. Don’t give up so easily.

Thank you I really needed to hear that I won’t give up. I was having mental break down I didn’t know what to tell mom and dad and then i had missed my studies ad Lagged behind because of marriage thing and invested time and effort so much that i got worried if everything was in vain because of my simple mistakes. So i will calm down and think as you guys had advised. So thank you everyone really appreciate for reply

1 Like

People in this association may know similar cases to yours, and how to do.

TransAsia Sisters Association, Taiwan
http://tasat.org.tw/enPage/294

南洋台灣姊妹會
http://tasat.org.tw/page/1/1

The objectives of the association are to provide a resource supporting network for the foreign spouses from the Southeast Asian countries married in Taiwan, protect their rights in the family, the society, at work, of education, in legal system, help them to integrate with the communities, enhance the Taiwanese understanding and appreciation of the histories and cultures of Southeast Asia, and collectively promote a multicultural society in Taiwan.

On their Chinese page, they show a similar case of a spouse from SEA who got a visa with 不得在臺改辦居留. They helped her to get a resident visa.

Their contacts

北部辦公室
02-29210565 |傳真 02-29217501 |
地址 234新北市永和區忠孝街15號1樓
tasat.taipei@gmail.com

南部辦公室
07-6830738 |傳真 07-6830733 |
地址 高雄市美濃區中正路二段761號
sisters.asso@msa.hinet.net

If you are from India, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, or Bangladesh, you might need to get a visa from TECO in India, and visa run to Hong Kong might not work. Though it might work, if I were in your situation, I don’t expect an online poster from other countries like US, UK, HK, can give me a correct answer.

To know a sure answer, you or your husband should ask it to BOCA and NIA in Taiwan, preferably in Taipei. They often know the more accurate info than people in their other branches. You should confirm if you can get a visa from TECO in HK.

The procedure itself is explained in the already posted link.

if it is extendable, you might be able to get a visa without 不得在臺改辦居留 when you apply for an extension, and change it to resident visa.

Or, since your visa has a TS annotation, you might be able to change it to a resident visa at HK instead of India.

but, again, anything should be confirmed by Taiwanese government authority, not online people.

you are just behind, and not give up your studies at all, right? It is preferable you get your degree before you move to taiwan, but if not, you still should complete your study. Just having a degree could help a lot later in your life.

1 Like

Yeah thank you i will email to that association once i reach back to my country. And i will ask my husband to email or call there. And yeah i do have my bachelor degree in computer programming i was just doing my masters but things happened so i had to deal with this situation so i felt bad that study was affected and was hoping I could complete my masters once i reach taiwan and get some job. But nothing goes as plan And maybe it’s because i m from southeast country that’s why getting treated like this

1 Like

after you will solve this situation and get a resident visa, if you intend to transfer your credit to taiwanese univ. and continue your masters, there are many scholarships for students from SEA, and some are specifically for spouses. May be worth to check.

Omo thank you . I will make sure to update about my situation if it gets better I am only scared to tell my mom and dad that i made mistakes don’t know how they will react. Anyway thanks alot for help.

It’s not a mistake, It’s just an unexpected event, while your trying to work your way through a complicated set or rules.

1 Like

If you hold a taiwan passport based on marriage visa. Even though your only a visitor visa in taiwan. You can change it to residence visa… just prepare the requirements and go to nia( national immigration agency)

hello,

I’m having a similar case, and it’s stressing me out right now. I’m not sure if your case was resolved and how did you do it? Thank you so much!