How to counter anti-US narratives concerning defence matter?

Taiwan will increase defence budge to 2.16% GDP, according to the executive branch.

Taiwan’s GDP will be $584 billion USD (2018 forecast). Taiwan’s Debt-to-GDP ratio is 36%. (central and local government debt combined, and including state-owned enterprises mostly utilities)

Key figures affiliated with KMT and New Party have been working hard, in a coordinated effort with the Chinese government, to foment hatred toward US arm sales and US in general. One major platform they use is via Chinese-sponsored news and talk shows.

Key upgrades such as M1A2 MBT and submarines certainly boost capabilities in the traditional sense, but they do not address Chinese psychological and information warfares targeting Taiwanese civilian. What should the US and Taiwanese governments do?

Do you hear Taiwanese people complaining about it?

I’m confused. Why would they do that?
I’ve heard someone give the opinion that the reason Trump & co are increasing support of Taiwan because they want to encourage war but to me that sounds more like a knee-jerk anti trump reaction than anything

To make it easier to fake a Taiwanese resistance to an inevitable political/economic take over by China. I mean, hey, why should anyone get shot?

There will only be Taiwan "war " with China if there is major war/skirmish in the Middle East and the oil supply is interrupted. The US will be preoccupied with Iran for about four whole minutes and in that time China will annex Taiwan.

My advice. Buy a house. Sell it after the “invasion.” Make a bundle. The Chinese can’t stand themselves. They’ll be on the rock in no time and in droves, waving little fists of RMB.