How to delete my account?

Well? Is there a convenient box to click, or do I have to start swearing at people?

Why do you have to delete it? Donā€™t you have enough self-discipline to just not post here anymore?

No, itā€™s because I donā€™t want the site e-mailing me.

I disabled all emails to you (FWIW anyone can do this in Preferences/Emails.)

Thank you for that courtesy. However, I would still like to know how one deletes an account.

That option isnā€™t available. You can simply stop logging in. If you have an issue with any posts in particular, send me a private message.

2 Likes

I see this is a two year old thread, but is there a way to delete a Forumosa account? Itā€™s been a fun experience and Iā€™ve enjoyed the fiesty back and forth but need to focus on other things. any suggestions appreciated thanks

nit-forget-youre-here-forever-18486396

6 Likes

Splitter :joy:

3 Likes

Relax, said the admin.
We are programmed to receive.

You can log-out anytime you want, but you can never leave.

Welcome to the website, Forumosa;
What a nice surprise, now you realize.

1 Like

I know people who have been banned :crazy_face::wink:

1 Like

Youā€™re still receiving emails after doing this?

You shameless name-dropper. :wink:

1 Like

Remind me again of their legal address? (It used to be posted somewhereā€“was it in the UK?) This makes a difference to their legal obligations.

Are you unable to not post?

I was wondering whether thereā€™s an addictive element to the flob. Like flashing lights with gambling machines.

There are a number of possible reasons one might wish to delete oneā€™s account. Besides addiction / compulsion there are also privacy issues to consider, as well as long-term changes to the siteā€™s political culture, so to speak, from which some may wish to dissociate themselves. More generally there is the basic question of who ā€œownsā€ or controls oneā€™s social media presence.

What was that legal address again?

3 Likes

All the more reason to use extreme caution when posting anything online. What goes online stays there forever. Times have changed a lot.

1 Like

The right to be forgotten is an interesting discussion topic. My instinctive response is that freedom of speech trumps it, but itā€™s certainly a murky issue. I donā€™t like the idea of people rewriting or erasing history.

Does anyone else want to have a good laugh when I say biggusā€¦dickusā€¦

I have no problem preserving any of these posts, just trying to minimize online distractions of all forms. This was a good exercise in attempting to understand the ā€˜other sideā€™sā€™ point of view. I can now safely conclude with enough evidence after this attempt that yes, they really are like airport moonies after all. Hypothesis confirmed. But hey, I reached across the aisle!

All the best,

Incontinentia Buttocks

2 Likes