How to dispose of scooter (can't sell it)

What is the best method of getting rid of a scooter? I can’t sell it, because the papers are out of date, and in order to renew them, I’d need to pay off tickets, which I’m not going to do. [edit: Ah yes, forgot to add it was a “gift” from a departing roomate so please no sanctimonious advice on how I should pay my bills]

So, I don’t want to leave it in nature somewhere, for fear of it leaking pollutants.

Will a parts place take it?

Local friends suggest removing the licence plate and leaving it in a parking place.

You’re asking how to illegally dump your bike because you don’t want to take responsibility for your tickets?

Congrats! You are now the Ugly Taiwanese. :frowning:

But you’re concerned about polluting nature?

Pay the flocking tickets and turn in the plates.

Not to leave you totally hating me sojouner, why not give it to the local junk collector along with 500NT?

jdsheesh!
edit: ah, I see your edit. Try plan B.

Clean it up a bit, make it look like it’s been maintained. Drain the fluids and dispose of them properly.
Strip the plates. Park it in the right place.

Hang a sign that reads, “Free Parts.”

But I’d follow jdsmith’s advice.

Take the plates from it and leave it on the front steps of a junkyard. There are a few between Banchiao and Sanxia that I know of. They will try to sell some of the parts from it and later recycle it for the metal. Cost you a cab ride back home.

I know this is not great advice either, but at least you leave the toxic waste dump with all the other toxic waste dumps.

You could always just park it in some spot and converiently forget about it. But that’s not very nice.

Why not put a sign on it that says, “Free, no papers. See sojourner for the keys”? I bet someone would take it.

Advertise on tealit. Free scooter, no papers. You’ll definitely have someone contact you.

jd: Do I know how to predict a Forumosa response, or what?

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I’ll go with the scrap yard, or maybe just bring it to my local mechanic’s shop.

[quote=“sojourner”]jd: Do I know how to predict a Forumosa response, or what?

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I’ll go with the scrap yard, or maybe just bring it to my local mechanic’s shop.[/quote]

well, we are trying to do what’s right bud. :slight_smile:

peace

Some motorcycle shops would be happy to put it in their spare parts yard. Not in Taipei City, but out in the country where motorcycle shops actually have spare parts yards.