How to figure the seven years?

Can anyone tell me what the real name and address are of the office you need to go to to get said list of dates for ARC and entry/exit? How much is it? And this question will sound stupid, but it IS after 2am and I haven’t slept in 2 days so bear with me…what exactly do I ask for?
I have gotten myself in a strange position, with an overstay (that only happened because they HAD my passport, so I couldn’t leave, and then they denied me a week after it expired) and a student visa of 6 months. So I would like to check where I am in the timeline. I’m hoping I’m at 5.5 years, but sounds like I may not be.
Thanks

[quote=“Feiren”]
What the law says is that if you are a legal resident for 153 days or more in seven consecutive years, you may apply. The definition of being a legal resident means holding an ARC. There is nothing in the law about having to start over simply because at some point you held a visitor visa. The interpretation is total nonsense as they well know.[/quote]

Interesting you say this becuase I took my girlfriend down to the office today with all her paperwork, and they told us that you cannot have a visitor visa break. I asked where it said this and she pointed me to the Chinese version, and said that is very clear. I haven’t checked yet, but if this is not true as you say, do you have any documentation or cases that have been appealed and overturned I can turn to?

We were finally able to apply, but only becuase I told her that we will appeal the case and for us to do that we need an offcial denial. So I guess there is a little hope, but I’m quite certain my girlfriend will be denied.

We shall see as it seems everybody has different results.

[quote=“alienz67”]Can anyone tell me what the real name and address are of the office you need to go to to get said list of dates for ARC and entry/exit? How much is it? And this question will sound stupid, but it IS after 2am and I haven’t slept in 2 days so bear with me…what exactly do I ask for?
I have gotten myself in a strange position, with an overstay (that only happened because they HAD my passport, so I couldn’t leave, and then they denied me a week after it expired) and a student visa of 6 months. So I would like to check where I am in the timeline. I’m hoping I’m at 5.5 years, but sounds like I may not be.
Thanks[/quote]

You could always have requested your passport back to have made a visa run.