How to find apartment without bedbugs

If you wanna live North American/Australian style with a car and commute to work. This thing is like $130000 US.

30 year mortgage is like $10000/m

It’s in the middle of rural Danshui, but it wouldn’t be any farther from stuff than a normal suburby American city would be.

Comes with a garage too.

3 Likes

2 hour rountrip commute in car or 8 hours of shit sleep and stress living in cellblock D. My decision was made years ago haha. But everyone has their own preferences.

Question, what does Danshui not have? I get the ultra modern fashionable lifestyle folks might not love it, but it literally has everything nearby. sometimes communities and societies get so spoiled, 15 minte waits become unbearable to the point they prefer bedbugs and noisy nights iver occasional waits. Good to step back and. look at our situation as if it were a 3rd person perspective game.

Quality buses. 50+ lines that all go to the MRT. But if you need a specific line, you wait. Some of these only run once or twice a day. And needs more highway buses. Transferring is a nightmare if your buses don’t go to…let’s say Carrefour or a specific restaurant or that new mall that has no buses going by it except for the Red 51 cause you gotta wait an extra 20-50 minutes. That Red 51 is up to an hour on weekends.

They need to simplify it to like 12 lines or something, keep them on major roads and try to keep them a max of 500 m from homes and ensure they come at most once every 10 minutes and are reliable. Plus they need to put back the old voices. The new ones are so nasally and the English one has the girl over pronouncing everything

TAM KANG UUNNNNNNIIVERRRSSIITTTTTYYYY

Holy shit, we past the station 300 metres ago and you’re not even done with the Taigi and Hakka. Are you the bus or the mobile Buxiban practising phonics? The previous American woman said things naturally like a NORMAL person would say it.

I could redraw it better. It would be a great map. The best map. People would tell me they’ve never seen such a good map before in their lives. We don’t need crappy maps, we need great maps.

And missing Guanghua. I love Guanghua.

4 Likes

I’ve been mulling over moving to yilan. In your opinion has it been somewhat ruined by Taipei people treating it like a suburb now or does it still have any small town charm or feel? Being another Taipei would be a big let down

That is also where I ran into them the first time as well… I agree the indifference that people have here with them is somewhat disturbing.

1 Like

I can send you a video man of where I’ve found them under hotel beds… they bite in clear lines which is indicative of bed bugs from what I’ve read

I actually had my apartment fumigated when I got them… twice… didn’t work and I think the fumes from the fumigation made me sick even though I ventilated for a week before coming back… such a nightmare

1 Like

I see the logic behind that but from what I have read and even have seen they live anywhere I have found them in the bed frame in the desk next to my bed… the bed itself is not the issue

I’m sure that’s what happened to me the first time when I came back from a hostel but then I went to two different apartments taking almost nothing with me and found them the first day I was there getting lots of bites… like one or two bites would be my fault and then they’d grow but it’s not possible that I’d have enough for 10 bites hiding in my belongings after taking intense measures to avoid contamination.

consider yourself very lucky you haven’t then I have found them in 4 different places… three of which I am positive were not my fault because I looked under the bed when I got there and found over 10 under the bed frame… always look under the bedframe at any hotel here…

thanks this is probably the only real useful advice I’ve gotten so far… issue is I don’t know how to afford it but maybe I can rent a room from someone’s house… but then again Taiwanese landlords seem like a nightmare… first one I had was fine but they love to go to your place of work as a way of pressuring you for anything it’s nuts… my second one my god was he a control freak never dealt with anyone like him he didn’t even speak English so I couldn’t tell him how nuts he was even. Lesson I learned is never have someone with power over you who doesn’t speak English because you can’t know if they are nuts, like sometimes just talking to someone you get subtle hints about what the person is like and if you don’t speak the language it’s hard to know

I was told foreigners can’t own land in Taiwan. Do you know if this is true?

If your country doesn’t allow Taiwanese own land, it is true.

foreigners are restricted to own certain kinds of land too.

Then again most foreigners aren’t really going to want to buy restricted farmland or mountain land anyway. And most countries allow other citizens to buy so not a lot of overall barriers in Taiwan fortunately.

1 Like

What’s a “video man”?

1 Like

Videoman

1 Like