How to find headhunters for higher level IT jobs?

Time to look for a new employer after over 20 years (I already got my pension severance paid out, so no worries there).

Does anyone have suggestions for useful headhunters that could support my search and preparation for interviews? I was told it makes sense to use a headhunter in my case, because these might have insight into “unofficial information” like the possible and reasonable pay grades and the special (undocumented) requirements of the recruiters at the target companies.

I am targeting international IT companies like DELL or HP, in Taiwan or worldwide (except for China), senior/principal architect level, x86 server or other hardware development.

Someone gave me this list, does anyone have experience with those?

• Korn Ferry International
  • Boyden
  • Stanton Chase International
  • Bo Le Associates
1 Like

is linkedin any good for what you’re looking for?

1 Like

I’m being flippant, but hunting for a headhunter makes me smile

5 Likes

yes and no. More no, though, else I wouldn’t ask here :wink:

Yup sounds funny to me, too :slight_smile: But allegedly it makes sense in my case, just wondering how to tell a good from a bad headhunter (good/bad for my benefit I mean).

PS: added a list to my original post of suggestions I got, wondering if anyone has experience

1 Like

How did you manage that? People in a similar position might want to know!

Sorry I posted this wrong: severance, not pension. I’ll correct this in my original post. And it was nothing I actively did, this was part of some company re-structuring. Sorry, no secret tips I could give.

1 Like

Following this thread. In my experience, LinkedIn works pretty well for IT/Tech jobs. I’ve had several recruiters reach out to me here and I have barely any work experience. I’d be surprised if these headhunters would be able to help you out more than your own professional network + LinkedIn

1 Like

Hit Alan McIvor up via LinkedIn. He’s ex Bo Le now at Paul Wright but he’s probably the most well known foreign headhunter in Taiwan. He’ll be happy to give you advice even if you don’t fit the placements he’s doing (I think he’s doing high level management placements).

3 Likes

Thanks. Shall I tell him “the_bear” sent me? ^^

Nah he won’t know who that is. His only connection to me is I shot his band at the tiger mountain festival last month.

1 Like

Arent they supposed to hunt for you?

2 Likes

I’d make a profile on 104 and apply directly. In one of the roles I had in Taiwan, I was headhunted through 104 and the rest was history. The other option is LinkedIn

1 Like

Were they that awful? I hope they deserved it…

4 Likes