How to find Xinzhuang nannies?

Any good resources to find nanny’s in Xinzhuang area (of all kinds)?

How to tell if they are qualified?

What is the expected range of pay for a “good” Nanny? Upper tier. Big ballpark is fine, I just need to have a starting point.

Any “wish I knew this earlier” tips regarding nannies?

Thanks!!

1 Like

What age are you looking for? I mean your kid

1 Like

Less than 1. Just in the planning/info gathering stages right now.

1 Like

I know for Taiwanese it is subsidized, and you pay $8000 a month for a registered 保母 “nanny”. If your partner is Taiwanese you may be eligible. No idea if it is a lottery system

2 Likes

Live in ,full time, part time etc? Need medical trainig for any reasons? Etc, etc. Those details make prices vary a LOT. 2k~200k/month hehe.

I thought this topic was related to the guy looking for a threesome.

Threesome

Xinzhang Nannie’s

Wanhua grannies

……

2 Likes

Ah, is that why you clicked in this thread, good sir? :joy:

2 Likes

Hi,

currently we are also searching for a Nanny for our 1 year old in the shilin/beitou area.

i’d like to add my findings and ask about how to get in touch with the government approved nannies and payrate etc.

Our target is to get a nanny for at least two afternoons, possible 2-3 full days would be great.

Our search so far:

• introduction by friends
  • babysitter website: 找陪玩姐姐 | 陪玩夥伴 - Bananny托育小幫手
  • government list of nannys in our area (you have to call each one by one, very cumbersome and no success of finding a suitable nanny)
  • some line groups and agents
  • there are many baby daycare centers “tuoyun” around us, where parents can put their children for 5 days a week (morning-evening), but all those are fully booked, and you have to sign a contract for a whole year.

costs:

• student babysitters: mostly only for short durations, in chinese “paiwan jiejie” (play-together-big-sister). cost about 200 nt, but they are not confident to take care of a 1 year old by themselves, so you should stay at home or at least in the area.
  • nanny with formal training: 350-500 nt.
  • baby daycenter whole day care: i think one was about 20k a month

our current option is:

• student babysitter 2-4 hrs week “playtime”.
  • nanny 2 afternoons each 4 hrs, 500nt/hr

this amounts to about 4600 nt/week, so cost is quite high.