How to get a copy of the traffic rules online

Hi Y’all,
I figured after much swearing how to get a copy of the road rules. It’s pretty simple…now.

1. Go to the test link below.
  2. Do the test.
  3. Click “finish” at the bottom.
    4.Go to File “top left of the screen for the komputerally challinged”(Yes I teach english).
  4. click Print
  5. refresh the page then do steps 1 to 6 several times.
    It is a random selection but if you do it three or four times you will get most of them. Enjoy

Big V

210.241.91.246/english/j.idc

Thanks Verzog. Only problem is that the questions on the tcmvd site are only a selection of all the possible ones. I know you have to refresh to get a different random selection, but the whole database seems to be a limited selection of all potential test questions.

That site might be comprehensive for all the questions that turn up in tests in Taipei City. It used to be anyway. But in other places there’s a wider range of questions and as far as I’m aware the only way to learn them all is still to get hold of the test question booklet. (English version available on sale or on loan from local DMVs.)

Yes thats what I was told too. Unfortunately the information guy at the main office on Chengde told me that they don’t have them and that I could download them from the TMVCD website(which doesnt have them).

He also suggested that I try bookshops.

Any hint’s?

Cheers,
V

[quote=“joesax”]Thanks Verzog. Only problem is that the questions on the tcmvd site are only a selection of all the possible ones. I know you have to refresh to get a different random selection, but the whole database seems to be a limited selection of all potential test questions.

That site might be comprehensive for all the questions that turn up in tests in Taipei City. It used to be anyway. But in other places there’s a wider range of questions and as far as I’m aware the only way to learn them all is still to get hold of the test question booklet. (English version available on sale or on loan from local DMVs.)[/quote]

Hi Verzog,

The short answer is that I’m not sure.

If you want to take the test in Taipei you may be OK with only the questions on that site. It used to be that Taipei City used that limited selection of questions in tests. Not sure whether that’s still the case.

I think that bookshops only have the Chinese language version of the booklet.

A while back, someone posted a link to another site with test questions. Not sure whether that was more comprehensive. Sorry, I have to go out now so don’t have time to search for it. If when I log on to Forumosa next time you still haven’t found it, I’ll try to dig it up for you.

Thanks! :sunglasses:

I followed the directions and got an 86, but it didn’t give me the details of which questions were wrong; just the overall score, so it’s hard to learn anything from it except how bad their English and test-design skills are. :loco:

Then I realized I could change one answer at a time and hit the Finish button again (although it now displays my score, not the word ‘finish’). I tried this, and my score changed two points. A bit clunky, but it works and can thus show you the correct answers.

Scroll back up when you’ve got your score. It should show you the questions you got wrong, with the “correct” answer.

Scroll back up when you’ve got your score. It should show you the questions you got wrong, with the “correct” answer.[/quote]

Oh I see what happened – I had gotten all the bottom questions (the ones showing on the screen when scrolled down to the score) right, so it looked like it wasn’t showing me the correct answers. Thanks! :smiley:

Hi again Verzog,

I’ve been searching but I can’t find the link to the other site. Perhaps it was a figment of my imagination.

All I can suggest is going to another DMV to see if they have copies of the test booklet.

Joe

OK, I’ve found it. On this page there are a number of downloadable documents including four containing test questions. There are quite a few questions, but I’m not sure whether they’re comprehensive (the whole set of potential test questions) or not.
tmvso.gov.tw/English/download.html