How to get a vasectomy in Taiwan

I’m pretty sure I never want a mini version of me running around, and I heard that the procedure isn’t too expensive to get here.

Where should I go to inquire about getting one? Do I just walk into the hospital and talk to an on-call doctor first? I live around the Shalu district.

Thank you!

I know a case of somebody who had to undergo operation twice. The first one failed and the doctor came up with some bullshit along the lines of meioguanxi, chabudou, and “you are very manly”. And I’m not kidding. So test it before using it…

1 Like

https://www.medigo.com/en/urology/vasectomy/all/taiwan
Call any of them. I know an excellent Urologist , but in Central Taiwan.
It’s a pretty simple procedure . I believe it is available as a non-invasive procedure now.

I went to Shinkong 新光 in Shihlin. I signed up for it a month after we had twins :slight_smile: I don’t remember how much it was but cheaper than it would have been in the US. I know my spouse had to sign off on it also, and I never did the follow up visit (and was never asked to). They did the burning/“non-surgical” method. Two things annoyed me about the experience: (1) I felt like the anesthesia was inadequate (I told him this several times until they numbed me more), and (2) my a-----e doctor took a phone call during the procedure. On the other hand: pretty easy/convenient to schedule, inexpensive, and quick recovery. And: no more kids!

Failure rate for vasectomies is surprisingly high, having to have a second procedure is not uncommon.

You need to wait 3 months before unprotected, I think. My mate had his fourth child after the snip.

Even so, warmest congratulations to you both.:ribbon:

3 Likes

You guys! Pull out method has never failed me once

Shooting blanks?

Communicate with your partners fellas. Communication and game plan is key

Or wear a condom?

Condoms are for sailors

Reminds me of The Vatican entry for the Eurovision Song Contest being cancelled.
“The Pope advised them to pull it out at the last minute”

2 Likes

I think anal is more likely.

1 Like