How to get an address translation certified?

For example, I’m going to open a business bank account in Singapore (because Taiwan won’t let you open them for 'Murkan corps, Q_Q). They want English address verification docs (say, a local bank official doc that shows your address).

Well, my banks doc is 99% English … except the address (the one thing I really need it for). I can have it “professionally translated”, but it’s quite vague what that means.

Is there a recommended way to translate an address from Chinese to English “officially”, other than show a screenshot of Google Maps (which honestly I’d believe over any translator)? :stuck_out_tongue:

Banks are conservative, so Google Maps won’t fly.

There are a ton of certified translators in Singapore. Contact them (just Google) and check who would help you. Then ask the bank if they would accept a certified translation from them. If they are certified, it means the Singapore gov trusts them. If the Singapore gov trusts them, the bank will trust them.

The bank will then enter the address EXACTLY as it is translated and they will send all mail to this address. Taiwan postal service usually gets the interpretation right though.