How To Get Dual US/TW Citizenship For Family (If I Already Have Taiwanese ID + Passport)

Your wife will need to live in Taiwan for several years whether she wants citizenship or permanent residency through you.

China allows dual citizenship for natural-born citizens of both countries (eg. Chinese father and foreign mother, etc.). Your children are.

Look into the Plum Blossom card. If she can get one there is a provision to get citizenship here and not renounce her US Citizenship. But that would mean living and working in Taiwan. I doubt she would get same salary benefits in the USA.

She wont be able to get citizenship if she is not living in Taiwan.

I’m not sure if I read it right, but didn’t a recent change in laws indicate that if her children claimed their citizenship, she can apply for it since they are her dependents?

She doesn’t need to. She can claim citizenship from her husband in the same way that she can claim it from her children, but that still doesn’t mean she can just become a citizen overnight without renouncing her previous citizenship.

Everybody (almost) who is not a natural-born Taiwanese needs to renounce their previous citizenship when claiming Taiwanese citizenship.

I believe he thinks she can get citizenship without renouncing due to having children.
Nope, being married to an ROC citizen just makes the time to be eligible to become a citizen three years instead of 5 years for those not married to ROC citizens.

Renunciation is good for the soul.