How to get here?

[quote=“8lemel8”]My girlfriend has been offered to work here in Taipei.
The BIG problem is that the company is CLUELESS on how to bring her here to work. :cry:
The company is willing to process the papers, as soon as the know where to start. :?:

Do you know where I can get the latest procedure on this one?
What should the company do? What can my girlfriend do?[/quote]

What type of employment has she been offered?

I’m not really sure about other “types” of employment.
As far as I know, she was offered a full time employment for 3 years.
No special arrangements, as if she was a locally hired employee.

[quote=“8lemel8”]I’m not really sure about other “types” of employment.
As far as I know, she was offered a full time employment for 3 years.
No special arrangements, as if she was a locally hired employee.[/quote]

I’m sorry. I meant, in what capacity or industry will she be employed?

Will she be a teacher, an attorney, a financial consultant, or other?

I’m not sure where you are located, are you already in Taiwan or in your own country? It sounds like you may already be in Taiwan, if so contact the Foreigns Affairs Department in Taipei and talk to them. I believe they are the Lao Wei Wei in Chinese. You can get the number by dialing 104 or 106

If you are in your own country contact your nearest TECO office and ask them for details. Go here and select your country on the left hand side… roc-taiwan.org/.

Other resources to help you:
gio.gov.tw/

[quote=“8lemel8”]My girlfriend has been offered to work here in Taipei.
The BIG problem is that the company is CLUELESS on how to bring her here to work. :cry:
The company is willing to process the papers, as soon as the know where to start. :?:

Do you know where I can get the latest procedure on this one?
What should the company do? What can my girlfriend do?[/quote]

The way I read this is your girlfriend wants to come and live with you, and you’ve got a buddy who owns a company who says he’ll do what he can to help, and that’s as far as you’ve got … before giving up and asking for help here. All a bit TEA(ahem!)LITesque isn’t it? Why can’t she just get on a plane and roll her dice when she gets here like everyone else? You get 2 months to figure out the basics and at worst, it’s a trip to HK and back after that.

Sorry, the country we’re from is under a tight watch. (3rd world)
I was lucky to get here without any scrutiny.

We have contacted our country’s TECO.
We hope everything goes well.