How to get in a club if you are below 18?

Thanks for all the very informative responses. Very interesting. I can understand why the dance clubs would want to check IDs and ensure that their establishments are free from drugs and drug trafficking. I’m guessing that the reason I’ve never been carded is because I’ve primarily gone to “drinking establishments”. You know, pubs versus dance clubs. I’ve gone to Brown Sugar, Carnegies, Plush, The Wall, Legacy, Saints & Sinners, 45, Oldie Goodie, Pig & Whistle, Green Door, DV8, and other “hole in the wall” places in the Combat Zone where the primary activity is DRINKING ALCOHOL, all without being carded! :sunglasses:

Same here. And I live in the Old Dutch Capital, so we don’t give a rats arse. :smiley:

Lordy ! I bet you guys dont look a day over 18 too huh? How’d you get away from being carded huh … huh??

Im at least 2 days over 18 and I get carded at times here in good ol same oh same oh San Fran.

Just show some skin.

Everytime I glance at this thread I keep thinking it says “HOw to get in a cab if you are below 18” Weird

[quote=“tommy525”]Lordy ! I bet you guys dont look a day over 18 too huh? How’d you get away from being carded huh … huh??

Im at least 2 days over 18 and I get carded at times here in good ol same oh same oh San Fran.[/quote]
It helps that I look like Leonardo diCaprio. :idunno:

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“tommy525”]Lordy ! I bet you guys dont look a day over 18 too huh? How’d you get away from being carded huh … huh??

Im at least 2 days over 18 and I get carded at times here in good ol same oh same oh San Fran.[/quote]
It helps that I look like Leonardo diCaprio. :idunno:[/quote]

And I look like sly

I never was carded here, but a few months ago we played a gig up near the Taipei 101 at a place called Roxy Roots and afterwards I wanted a scoop or two, so went next door to some club crowded with … ahem … some of Taiwan’s (I suppose) so-called “hipsters” :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: There was a small queue to get in and sure enough, they were checking everyone’s ID before letting them in. I just said I didn’t have any and they simply let me in. Probably because I look so distinguished.

[quote]Probably because I look so distinguished.
[/quote]
Nobody could mistake you for a 18 year old, you don’t look a day younger than 25 :smiley:

Which is?

Imprisonment? Not being able to return home the next day? Or just a fine? Any idea? :wink:[/quote]

BY law you must carry some form of ID, even if it’s a copy of your passport. But if you cannot produce ID a night in the Jail can happen.

Which is?

Imprisonment? Not being able to return home the next day? Or just a fine? Any idea? :wink:[/quote]

BY law you must carry some form of ID, even if it’s a copy of your passport. But if you cannot produce ID a night in the Jail can happen.[/quote]

Well I meant with an ID stating that you are 16, not without an ID :stuck_out_tongue:

And still no idea about the “acompanied by parent” thing…

Seeing as no one else has said anything on the subject…

I have been told it’s acceptable in Taiwan if a minor is accompanied by a parent (although they’re still not allowed to drink alcohol), but I’m not 100% sure about the law regarding that. Might be best if you just go down to the FAP and ask them.

If that is true this would be cool, since alcohol consumption is not a requirement :wink: Thanks for mentioning it. - I didn’t think of the FAP, which seems the obvious way now. In the meanwhile the kid already left for home, without having a peek in any of those venues. But next time such a question arises I will be sure to check with them…

And regarding the editing for legal reasons: Agree, I would not consider to do anything really illegal here, like forging IDs just to get a kid have a glimpse at the TW party scene. Not really a forum to elaborate on this stuff here either, even I am grateful that so many people were happy to share their rather creative ideas :wink: