How to get political shows in Taiwan for free

TVant Korean channels have no Chinese subtitles. That was a surprise. How am I suppose to watch the latest Korean dramas without subtitles. :fume:

Hypothetically none of these channels are free, since you need the spend money to own the hardware and use bandwidth. Which cost $$$$$.

[quote=“ironlady”]So could you tell what the “far better alternatives” to TVAnts are? If you could give links, I could check them out. Have you installed the software and does it come with any “surprises” (my usual question)??

I don’t really care too much WHAT I watch as long as it’s in modern Chinese – I need to hear everything anyway for my job – but naturally the more variety the better. I’m more interested in news and talk shows, though, not so much in the so-called “entertainment” or “general” shows.[/quote]
First off, TVAnts is not only adware, its spyware. I’d consider any alternative to be better than having your PC transmit information back and forth about what you watch and what you do. But if you prefer P2PTV, there are plenty of alternatives here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P2PTV, some of them do not include spyware.

But besides Slingbox and ORB+PC, your other alternatives are put here under the following logic:

1. You watch ETTV, which incidentally is widely available online.
  2. You want news channels.

Luckily both are widely available in equal quality, and streaming on demand, without the bandwidth overhead of P2PTV, not only at websites of the news channels themselves (ETTV is everywhere) on an on-demand quality (so you get it when you want it) but they’re also available on many sites that feature long lists of Taiwan news channels and programming.
I personally like these two because there is no client software required: www.taiwanyes.com
and then theres lyngsat.com/freetv/Taiwan.html

Some day you’ll grow up, ShrimpCrackers, and hopefully you’ll be embarassed by how bratty you were as a kid.

[quote=“ShrimpCrackers”]
I personally like these two because there is no client software required: www.taiwanyes.com
and then theres lyngsat.com/freetv/Taiwan.html[/quote]
Did you do a random google search for “Taiwan” and “TV”… and then just give us the first two random links?

The first site is a TI activist site with a few random TV clips. The second site gives you satellite coordinates… meaning you actually have to purchase an accomodating satellite. I guess if this is what you were comparing ORB with, then you had a pretty good option after all.

And as far as watching on the ETTV website, I seriously doubt you’ve gone through the process… I got to the point where I had to register as a member and provide my passport # before giving up. I’ll let ironlady report back with details of her (?) experience on the site.

I’ll stick with TV Antz.

Aloha,

Thanks for your tips on how to get tv programs from Taiwan.

I had been trying to find poltical talk shows from the web for a upcoming podcast that feature both side of the political views. Since I don’t accesss like you in Taiwan(set up a server in Taiwan). My only option is try to find them on the web.

So far, I can only find programs that favor CSB’s party. Do you have any links to program on the web that favor the KMT?

I am planning to produce a podcast that model after “The best of the left” podcast. Any info will be appreciated.

Best wishes :notworthy:

Why not try the bogeyman of every Green-thinking activist… TVBS! TVBS is also available via DirecTV and Dish networks in the United States, by the way.

tvbs.com.tw