How to Get Started Working Online

my question to anyone working from home/online/ freelance in taiwan is… arc? how? visa runs only? doesn’t visa runs only suck?

One way is to suck it up teaching English for 5 years, get your APRC and, if you haven’t completely lost your mind by that time, you’re golden.

One way is to suck it up teaching English for 5 years, get your APRC and, if you haven’t completely lost your mind by that time, you’re golden.[/quote]

5 years jail time :ponder:

thats a serious one i guess… if i really wanted to stay LONG term… would most likely be married at that point anyway now i think about it.

I’m doing my 4th visa run next week (18 months in Taiwan so far), I’m not visa exempt so I get to apply for one everytime, but all I need is my wife’s household registration, haven’t been able to get a JFRV because I haven’t been able to get my police records yet since I haven’t been in my home country on 13 years.

But yeah, it sucks because I would rather spend the money on something else.

That’s an interesting question. I could get used to that.

I’m doing my 4th visa run next week (18 months in Taiwan so far), I’m not visa exempt so I get to apply for one everytime, but all I need is my wife’s household registration, haven’t been able to get a JFRV because I haven’t been able to get my police records yet since I haven’t been in my home country on 13 years.

But yeah, it sucks because I would rather spend the money on something else.[/quote]

don’t you have to apply for the visas outside of taiwan though? sounds like a hassle…

But yeah, it sucks because I would rather spend the money on something else.[/quote]

don’t you have to apply for the visas outside of Taiwan though? sounds like a hassle…[/quote]

Yes it is. I’ve been to Hong Kong three times so I’m going to Okinawa next time for a change.

There’s no solution to your lack of a police report? Sounds strange. You have to have been some where? I believed I used my last official address. Talk to Mr. Hartzel. He helped me out a lot when I was going through my visa and permit trouble. Dude, you are basically not allowed to do anything on a tourist visa. Is your wife ready to follow you if you get the boot? Make getting your Family visa your top priority

Sent from my GN800 using Tapatalk