How to get to Hehuanshan from Cingjing Farm

Hi, I will be visiting Taiwan in December with my family of 3 child & 2 adults. This will be our first trip to Taiwan, I would like to know below detail.

1. Is there a place for us to keep our luggage at Cingjing Farm
  2. What is cheapest way to get to Hehuanshan from Cingjing Farm (No Hiking)
  3. Is it advisable for me to visit Hehuanshan after Cingjing Farm should I go to Hehuanshan on the next day departing from Hualian
  1. Not sure
    2.When i did it in drove up in a rental car. Get an international permit and you can rent a car. Might be a bit Hairy though if you don’t know the way Taiwanese drive.
    Option 2 this woman’s blog sets out another option
    https://www.gojiakhong.com/taiwan-transportation-hehuanshan/

3 . Go there after cinjing farm, it’s only up the mountain another hour or so by car.

I’m 99% sure they have luggage storage outside (before ticket entrance)

Hi dan2006,
Thanks for your feedback. Will take your advise to go to Hehuanshan after Cingjing Farm

Thans WindyTown, Will check with the counter people before purchasing the ticket.

1 Like

Definitely go up to Hehuanshan after Cingjing - I’m amazed at how many people only go up to Cingjing when Hehuanshan is just up the road and the views are spectacular up there.

If driving keep going after the park station, stop and gawk at the viewpoint and then drive on to a mountain lodge (10 min). Just past the lodge there’s a parking lot on the left with access to 2 trails - 1 with steps straight up the mountain, the other that is easier and follows a ridge with a not so steep incline. Good for families.

Definitely go to Hehuanshan from Cingjing - not Hualien. From Hualien you’ll just want to go up to Taroko Gorge and spend time there.

Better yet you can get to Hualien via Hehuanshan (driving) - beautiful views all the way. Spend time in Taroko Gorge to walk around on the paths through the gorge. Gorgeous!