How to get visitor visa to marry in Taiwan?

Hi. Next year I want to marry my fiancee in Taiwan and i have some questions, I hope u can help.

1. I want to get visitor visa to marry (cause i read u shouldnt marry without visa) but as i click visitor visa and the purpose theres options like image
    WHICH ONE SHOULD I CHOOSE? I think should choose joining family but my purpose is marriage, my fiancee isnt my family yet so?
  2. What documents you guy needed to give to get visitor visa?
  3. Did they asked u any questions like why u want visa?
  4. If I am married already can i change my visa to resident visa (jfrv) in Taiwan?

Please try to answer all my questions and thank you.

Joining or other and then specify.
Plane ticket.

But to get married you need to prepare some more documents.

But do u think its better to choose oining family or choose other nd writte marriage purpose?
Is plane ticket enough?
Can i change visa in taiwan?

You should probably get a marriage license before you get married. Use that for your visitor visa. Yes, you need to show some documents to get a visitor Visa. My wife and I were already married. I needed to show our marriage certificate to get the visitor Visa. Without it, they’ll just tell you to enter Taiwan Visa exempt.

After you’re married, you can change to jfrv in Taiwan IF you’re already on a visitor visa.

What do u mean marriage license? How to get it?

Hmm probably better idea is to just marry next year without visa (I’m gonna be there on my holidays so i will be back to my country anyway) and next next year just apply for visitor visa (it will be way easier with marriage certificate) and go for marriage check and apply for JFRV. What do u guys think?

You need to do some no paperwork before getting married.

Use the paperwork to prove your intent to marry when getting a visitor visa

can I go to taiwan without visa (i will stay there 90 days) and marry there first . Then come back to my country and after year apply for visitor visa (in my country) as taiwanese spouse and convert it into jfrv in taiwan? Thanks.

Are you going to tell us where you’re from?

Poland

If your country is on this list (Poland is on the list) you can land in Taiwan without a visa for 90 days.

https://www.roc-taiwan.org/uploads/sites/70/2016/07/160921-Visa-Exempt-Entry-2016.pdf

This thread answers the question about marrying while visa exempt.

2 Likes

Back in the days I needed a document that stated that I was single (not married), birth certificate, criminal record and a health check I believe. All translated to Chinese and certified/notarized, stamped by the area’s TECO.

Yes I know that i need single certificate for marriage and stuff like criminal record for jfrv and first i wanted to marry and stay same time but i chaged my plans so do u guys think it would be ok if :slight_smile:

1. this year i go there for holidays without visa as my country dont need it for 90 days with all documents for marriage
  2. (marry there) and come back to my country, I MUST REGISTER MARRIAGE IN MY COUNTRY BEFORE I CAN APPLY FOR JFRV SO IT WILL SAVE ME A LOT OF TIME
  3. And next year i will just apply for visitor visa in poland as joining family (i will have marriage certificate so it will be easier as i would be taiwanes spouse now) and take OTHER documents and just change my visitor visa for jfrv in taiwan?

Is all correct? Thank you for all answers.

what do you need to register marriage in your country? If you need an official certificate of marriage from taiwan, you need single certificate at least.

https://www.judicial.gov.tw/QnA/en_content.asp?seq=248

Added:

oh, you will come with all the required documents.

Yes, I had to do it too, go back home, register and get all the documents, come back and apply for resident visa (ARC).

yes i plan to marry first and then back home and next year change my visitor visa for jfrv.

I heard u can register marriage by consul in taiwan so probably thats why i will do 1.marry2.register in polish ambassy in taiwan (probably must wait 1 month) 3.come back to poland 4. apply next year for visitor visa 5 change it fir jfrv in taiwan

correct?

That will probably work.

But make sure that you double check with TECO in your home country. More importantly, ask your fiance to ask NIA in Taiwan.

Don’t forget to get all documents you bring from Poland authenticated by TECO in Poland before coming to Taiwan. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself flying back and forth one more time. My wife and I made that mistake.

Also, check with your home country what documents are required to register your marriage in Poland.

If you forget just one step, you could easily find yourself flying back and forth many, many times.

Sorry guys this is the last time I ask because I can’t get answer that I want. I already flagged old topic to be removed. So.

Can I:

1. Go to Taiwan this year without visa (my country dont need visa for 90 days so I will stay there 3 months), get all documents for marriage and marry.
  2. Come back to my country.
  3. Next year apply for visitor visa in my country (as taiwanese spouse/reason is join family), get all documents that i need for jfrv (like criminal record etc) and change visitor visa for residence visa (jfrv) in taiwan?

Thank you.

I would recommend you to ask the questions to TECO in your country, as well as make your fiance ask the same questions to HHR office, BOCA, or NIA in taiwan.

But after I marry is there any limit of time when I have to obtain resident visa?
Cause i want marry first and come back home and next year got resident visa ;/

i think no, but for visa, i think you need documents issued within a certain period before the application. You or your husband may need to get new documents before your visa application.