How to impress a lady? 7 things

Ladies, which ONE thing should a guy tell you to impress you?

• I still have the scars from the time I was attacked by a Komodo dragon.
  • In my spare time I’m building a rocket
  • I once swam the Rio Grande naked
  • I was once shipwrecked
  • I can drink more rum than most people can safely imagine

0 voters

The Buttercup has been advising The Raven on romance. It’s a difficult process.

They had some discussion about “what’s cool”, what stories to tell an intended Ravenette. Comments from the assembled luminaries of forumosa are invited.

Rephrase No 1 to: “… when I fought off the dragon…”

And then you’ll have a good set, but only if ALL three are used. Just ONE won’t do.

Good luck.

EDIT: I wrote this when you had 1-3, you added two more which are worthless. Now I take back my advice. You’re a lost cause, sonny.

Shipwreck! The other options are just dumb.

I like shopping for shoes

Are you sure you spoke to Buttercup, because I just don’t see any mention of shiny shoes or shoe polish in that list?

HG

Edit: BFM wins! :laughing:

BFM, when can we go out?

Peeps, if you want to impress a lady you should be telling her how great she is, not how great you are. Geez, didn’t they teach you that in “Picking up Chicks, 101?” Elementary, my dear Raven!

erhu, +1

OTOH, you could just show her your foot-long sub. depends on what she’s impressed by, doesn’t it?

This is for the lull in the conversation where she says “enough about me, tell me about you.”

Squawk! What happened to The Raven’s other 2 options?

Oh well, please supply two alternatives of your own to help a poor bird get laid.

You repeat the last words of what she says. Hum and agree a lot.

She will mistakenly consider you are great conversation partner, as she’s in fact talking to herself.

When she wants to hear about you, offer her a few small things, and then get back to talking about her.

[quote=“Mr He”]You repeat the last words of what she says. Hum and agree a lot.

She will mistakenly consider you are great conversation partner, as she’s in fact talking to herself.

When she wants to hear about you, offer her a few small things, and then get back to talking about her.[/quote]

You are assuming your conversation partner is a bit slow on the uptake, there…

:frowning: Raven uses me to practise on for real girls.

what’s up, buttercup? aren’t you a real girl too? my illusions are dashed, cruelly, on the rocks of reality.

erm how about: -
I’ve been married for twenty years, never been out of work, cheated on my wife or broken the law. I helped raise 4 fine children all of whom are now independent and none of whom have ever tried crack.

I reckon that would impress most girls.

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]erm how about: -
I’ve been married for twenty years, never been out of work, cheated on my wife or broken the law. I helped raise 4 fine children all of whom are now independent and none of whom have ever tried crack.

I reckon that would impress most girls.[/quote]

Maybe, yes, however if you wanted to take her to bed, it would most likely be a show stopper.

[quote=“The Raven”]Squawk! What happened to The Raven’s other 2 options?

Oh well, please supply two alternatives of your own to help a poor bird get laid.[/quote]There’s your problem there. Birds don’t get laid, eggs do, by birds.

Tables do too.

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“Mr He”]You repeat the last words of what she says. Hum and agree a lot.

When she wants to hear about you, offer her a few small things, and then get back to talking about her.[/quote]

You are assuming your conversation partner is a bit slow on the uptake, there… [/quote]

You’d be surprised if you know how gullible people are.

I once told about this trick to a very smart Taiwanese girl, who then told me that she would never fall for it.

From that momeny on and for the next 20 minutes I used it on her, without her not even noticing.

Not a one of those things wouldn’t make me think the guy was a bore.

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]erm how about: -

I reckon that would impress most girls.[/quote]

Well, take out the broken the law part and I’m impressed.

Show her your vast collection of model robots