How to lead the associates who do not directly report to you

In the workplace , everyone is independent at his/her own her work. If there is a special request for them to support , is there any effective way to let them fully support without rejecting or neglecting the request especially they don’t directly report to me ?

Any good suggestion to lead the peers ?

Yes–try to be helpful when they ask you to do stuff and be friendly. Even if you were their ‘superior’, it’s very difficult at least in taiwan to tell anybody to do anything unless you really are the one signing the checks.

share ownership of the task / project. be the driver not the boss per se. make the others feel they are part of something special, and something benefits not only the co. but the wrokers as well.

You’ve got no chance. People will do just enough not to get fired, and here the chances of getting fired depend entirely on the relationship with the boss.

hugely sweeping statement. the 3 spearate offices i worked in in taiwan never once had this problem. not saying it doesnt exist, it is just too much of a generalisation.

[quote=“Oriental”]

In the workplace , everyone is independent at his/her own her work. If there is a special request for them to support , is there any effective way to let them fully support without rejecting or neglecting the request especially they don’t directly report to me ?

Any good suggestion to lead the peers ?[/quote]
Yes, be fair, in good communication with everyone, make them feel they are part of the greater picture (because they are) and be well aware of the relationship between the people right under with those under them.
If you are the boss, be the boss but without being bossy. Then people will admire you and enjoy working with and under you. Good luck.

Very misleading. It definitly happens, but not everywhere and with everyone.

Be hugely charismatic and breath-stoppingly manly – then you’ll be able to twist them around your little finger and have them all jumping to do whatever you deign to ask of them, men and women alike.

[color=green]
Hey. That’s how I do it. Except for my man-boobs.

Seriously, lead by example. Never lose your cool.
[/color]

In many workgroups there is an informal leader. Someone that everyone naturally respects and follows, but is not in charge. Try to find out who is the informal leader and try to get on their good side. They can help you, or they can hurt you if you don’t play it right.

Thanks all of you for giving me so much feedback.

Is it easy to build up the relationship between the peers ? Is it like the relationship between lovers that requires a special chemical reaction ?

Who can invent any nutritional supplementary to make up congenital deficiency ?