How to open a Joint Bank Account in Taiwan

Sending money to my wife’s bank account would be a very good option also but actually I need some TWD in my own bank account as well in case I would buy something on Shopee Taiwan where they don’t take foreign cards at all. I could either buy something on Shopee Taiwan and give it to my family as a present or they could forward me what I bought on Shopee Taiwan to Thailand. So sending money to my own bank account first would be the better option rather than sending the money directly to my wife’s bank account. A joint bank account or a bank account in my daughter’s name would be perfectly fine as well as long as I would have internet banking access to such a joint bank account or a bank account in my daughter’s name.

As a former bank employee during the 1980s, I agree completely.

It’s the reason why Taiwan can never hope to be anywhere near a financial hub like Singapore or HK. They just refuse to understand that their own policies are holding them back.

One thing I’ve noticed in the banking administration culture here. If you ask them a question which is a yes/no type of question related to day to day affairs: say “do you have this form available”, the person will go and consult with 3-4 other colleagues, for 20 minutes, talking about god knows what, just to come back and tell me “no”. I mean seriously, is it that hard?

1 Like

It’s because nobody wants to take responsibility. If you take no responsibility, you can slide through your day without getting blamed by your manager for anything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Damned if I know either, the Topic and about one sentence talk about opening a Joint Account, the rest seems to be an almighty ramble about Money Transfers.

Screenshot_20210120-113645

Only for locals though. Not surprised.

1 Like

Get their Taiwanese bank account details and send them a wire transfer from your account abroad.