How to post pictures in the text area

By George, I think he’s got it! :laughing:

OK… but how did you know the “20%” shouldn’t have been included? … all I did was cut and paste… I haven’t a clue as to what code is.

Its a beautiful picture… but I think I just lucked-out.

If an image is too big, will I get a message telling ne so, or will it just not work?

And finally, what if I want to post a picture of my dog, from a file currently on my hard drive? There would be no url, or would there?

If this is to technical to explain to a computer moron (me) don’t worry about it.

sorry for the double post… learning this new skill has me all rattled! :blush: :blush:

It won’t work. You’ll have to get a free web account and transfer your images there. Most free accounts won’t allow you to link images but I’ll PM a work around for you. Very easy and all for free.

OK. A couple of beers will do. :wink:

Some store images on this site, thereby making their pics available as URLs. I’m yet to find out how though.

Sandman?

It won’t work. You’ll have to get a free web account and transfer your images there. Most free accounts won’t allow you to link images but I’ll PM a work around for you. Very easy and all for free.

OK. A couple of beers will do. :wink:[/quote]

Cool. I’ll give it a try… and I’ll meet you up in Tianmu and buy ya some beers

If you’re using Wndows, “right click” on the image and check the properties. You should see the proper address there. Cut-n-paste that address.

Example:

OK. A couple of beers will do. :wink:[/quote]

Cool. I’ll give it a try… and I’ll meet you up in Tianmu and buy ya some beers[/quote]

Count me on a Tianmu foray.

PM me too

To post your own pics, sign up for a free hosting service – I use www.villagephoto.com at the moment. They have instructions for uploading that are pretty straightforward. In no time, you can be boring everyone with your happy snaps, just like this: (deleted due to excessive size)

:blush: My next trick will be learning how to get the damn pics the right size! Sorry!

Do you have family with land or do you pay the exhorbitant prices trout fishes fetches in Scotland?

Download IrfanView from: irfanview.com/

It’s one of the best graphics programs around, it’s free and you can resize your photos no problem. Almost a no-brainer.

It’s one of the best graphics programs around, it’s free and you can resize your photos no problem. Almost a no-brainer.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s what I use, as a matter of fact. Problem is, the pic gets blurrier and blurrier (worsened resolution?) the smaller I make it. The one above, for example, would look really crappy if it was resized any smaller – its already less than half size.

And Alleycat? Those rainbows came off a fishery that cost 16 quid for the day – not too steep. Salmon are free – my old man has almost a mile of the river Spey just behind the house in the pic. I’ll be there in six weeks for three weeks, so I hope to wet a line. I’m praying for rain, much to the wife’s disgust!

It’s one of the best graphics programs around, it’s free and you can resize your photos no problem. Almost a no-brainer.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s what I use, as a matter of fact. Problem is, the pic gets blurrier and blurrier (worsened resolution?) the smaller I make it. The one above, for example, would look really crappy if it was resized any smaller – its already less than half size.

And Alleycat? Those rainbows came off a fishery that cost 16 quid for the day – not too steep. Salmon are free – my old man has almost a mile of the river Spey just behind the house in the pic. I’ll be there in six weeks for three weeks, so I hope to wet a line. I’m praying for rain, much to the wife’s disgust![/quote]

I’ve been misled, as I thought trout fishing was all so highbrow and all done on private estates.

Thanks for that.

How’s this?

Make the fish look smaller and Sandman bigger. I’m sure you can as he’s probably done just the opposite.

:wink:

if i have a photo I want to link as my avatar and it’s off-site linked to another website, i cant change the size right?

Right. But, you can download the avatar, edit it yourself and then upload it to your own website/space.