How to produce the chinese character for Taigi ê?

3139C
𱎜

Edit:
Success! I downloaded the PDF with the new characters and extracted the font.

PDF and Font for the character: https://nc.uni-bremen.de/s/kkApy5dH5yKjxsk

3 Likes

Do you want holes with your holes?

1 Like

I found a new name for the stinky tofu place.

口吅品㗊𠾅

1 Like

Called Kou xuan pin ji yao in Mandarin, and Kháu suan phín tsip iàu in Taigi.

1 Like

I was gonna add in the pinyin but didn’t know if I was going too far in the Taigi corner.

That’s why I added the Taigi part. For some of those characters, I just looked up the old rhyme books.

For example, for 㗊, the rhyme books said 阻立切 (tsóo/li̍p), or 側立切 (tshik/li̍p), 𠀤音戢, and bot tsip and tship are exactly the correct pronunciations for 戢 in Taigi.

1 Like

Now do we know of a character with six kous?

𡓿 This is the closest I can find.

𰼂 maybe this one. Can’t see it.

1 Like

𧮥

1 Like

I know this isn’t really 16 kous but I’m trying to think outside of the ‘box’ :laughing:

2 Likes

𩇓

I have you beat

20 “kous”! You do indeed have me beat :bowing_man:

I guess the pronunciation is unknown? zdic.net doesn’t even give one…

https://www.zdic.net/hant/𩇓

I think it’s just a fancy old school way to write 雷 luî

1 Like

Actually, that’d be this delightful archaic Cyrillic letter ꙮ

3 Likes

And is your new avatar a reflection of this character?

Going through a poly-matia phase

How do you update those IME’s? How often do they add new characters?

On my computer, I use the gcin input control system, and mainly use a custom Boshiami IME that has its databased generated from a .cin file. I can add to that .cin file and compile it into a new database if I want to add new characters. Usually, it’s the fonts that are slow to update.

So can you share or upload the IME into some master database? Is there an international body that compiles them? And does it get updated by windows update?

No, although crowd sourcing IME sounds like an interesting idea. I just manage my own IME table. Boshiami is a fairly obsolete Chinese IME, and sadly very few young people learn it, despite it being one of the easiest non-phonetic Chinese input system out there.

I’m sure Microsoft contracts some company to update their big Unicode Zhuyin/Pinyin tables. They probably are in no hurry though.