How to remember not to forget to remember

If I’m ever out somewhere and suddenly remember “Oh, crap. I mustn’t forget to put that [insert name of the thingy that I have to remember not to forget to take to wherever I’m going tomorrow] into my bag when I get back home.”, but I know I’m going to forget again before I get home, I simply rotate my watch round my wrist, so it’s now face down. I don’t move it back until I have done whatever I have to remember to do. Works EVERY time.

What do you do to remember stuff like that?

I used to know the answer to this…

…a wife…shes quite handy at telling me things I’ve forgotten…even things I never knew I knew…

I find electro shock treatment works wonders for remembering things.

I find writing stuff down useful. My wallet is full of little peices of paper that I have forgotten about…

The proper way to remind yourself of something is to create an image, which combines the thing you want to remember and the situation, in which you want to remember the thing.

For example, you need to remember to call your mother once you get back home. So, visualize the moment you open your front door, and then imagine your mother standing behind the door. Once you have made this visual image, you will think of your mother and the telephone call the minute you open your door. Usually works fine.

Use my PDA phone.

[quote=“hannes”]The proper way to remind yourself of something is to create an image, which combines the thing you want to remember and the situation, in which you want to remember the thing.

For example, you need to remember to call your mother once you get back home. So, visualize the moment you open your front door, and then imagine your mother standing behind the door. Once you have made this visual image, you will think of your mother and the telephone call the minute you open your door. Usually works fine.[/quote]

Yeah, but what happens if you open your door and your mum IS there? That would just get confusing… :wink:

I carry a notebook with me everywhere I go.

One question,

How do you know what time it is when you’re trying to remember stuff? Sounds a bit oirish to me.

I can imagine people on the MRT looking at you with your backward facing watch thinking “Crlazzie adoha”.

I’ve got a pretty good memory and don’t forget that much. Lucky I guess.

Stu… what’s the name of that boy of yours… Keith? Ken? :s

[quote=“Limey”]One question,

How do you know what time it is when you’re trying to remember stuff? Sounds a bit oirish to me.

I can imagine people on the MRT looking at you with your backward facing watch thinking “Crlazzie adoha”.

I’ve got a pretty good memory and don’t forget that much. Lucky I guess.[/quote]

I actually remember a time when it was cool to wear your watch like that. The watch face tended to get scratched up pretty quick though.

I used to wear my watch backwards in class so that I could check the time without the kids noticing - there are lots of excuses to raise your hand with the wrist facing inwards, but not so many if you have to rotate it outwards.

It’s taken me three hours to write this post because I keep coming up blank on ways to remember stuff, and then forgetting I was writing it at all :confused:

Doh,

Who looks like a twat now? Moi.

Stu, you meant that you wear the watch on the underside of your wrist, right? Which would stil allow you to see the time. Not on the top of your wrist with the watch face facing your wrist, which would obscure the time.

Makes sense, now…erm…did I leave the kettle boiling :slight_smile: