How to send a SASE to America?

I need to send some things to America and include a Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope to receive a few things in return. Can the Taiwan Post Office do this? How do they do it?

Alternatively, I could send it to my sister, have her buy the postage and send the stuff, receive my returns, and forward it all to me, but that just introduces complexity and opportunities for mistakes to be made. There has to be (OK, there doesn’t have to be but there should be) a simpler way.

Oh… and this will be a pretty hefty envelope. One of those large, yellow manilla ones, as I’m submitting a paper to a journal.

Any ideas? Thanks

International reply coupons.

You can buy US stamps online. A lot of publishers and the like will not accept internation reply coupons anymore so I would confirm with the one in question.

And to be perfectly frank, it is not worth your money to pay for return postage. Just leave an email address in the cover letter. Believe me, if they want the article they will not be overly fussed. If you aren’t confident enough to do this this just send a pre-posted letter or postcard and mention that you do not want the entire manuscript returned. This is pretty standard these days.

To Buttercup: Can you buy International Reply (IRC) Coupons in Taiwan? I was told they don’t exist here. Please tell us how, or post a note in Chinese that I can show to the post office.

To Much Man: Stamps on line! Electronic printable stamps! Great idea. But, would they accept my Taiwanese Billing Address for my Taiwanese credit card or can I use some other payment.

For that matter. I’m interested in England, France and Canada too. I like free samples or photos of stars. They usually require that SASE.

Went to the post office. I was told that they do not do that in Taiwan. Taiwan is not a UPU Member country (upu.int/members/en/members.html) so they do not exist here.

Buttercup, have you definitely used those in Taiwan before? If so, can you give me the Chinese name for them so I can ask for it specifically?

Anyone else? I’m submitting to a journal and they require this so they can send me reviewer comments back. I’d really appreciate an easy way to do this.

Thanks.

Went to the post office. I was told that they do not do that in Taiwan. Taiwan is not a UPU Member country (upu.int/members/en/members.html) so they do not exist here.

Buttercup, have you definitely used those in Taiwan before? If so, can you give me the Chinese name for them so I can ask for it specifically?

Anyone else? I’m submitting to a journal and they require this so they can send me reviewer comments back. I’d really appreciate an easy way to do this.

Thanks.[/quote]

No, you can’t get IRC here in Taiwan. I’ve looked into it, the poster above has looked into it, and you yourself have come up empty. I think you have your answer. :cactus:

As for the journal, have they promised that they would send you comments back or is this something written on their website? If you are in contact with them then explain the situation here in Taiwan and ask for emailed comments. If you have a personal relationship with them they should be flexible. If you don’t the chances of them truly offering written comments that are of any use to you seems pretty slim.

Me? No, I only went in the post office three times in eight years. Disgusting place.

(Thanks for repacking all my boxes, Mr Kuo of the YongChun jia. You the MAN.)

[quote=“Buttercup”]Me? No, I only went in the post office three times in eight years. Disgusting place.

(Thanks for repacking all my boxes, Mr Kuo of the YongChun jia. You the MAN.)[/quote]

I go to the post office a few times per week. I find the Taiwanese postal system cheap fast and efficient, if the entire country was run the same way the Postal and tax Bureau were run this country would be a haven of efficiency.

As for the SAE not sure abut buying stamps here but when I have had to do the SAE I just included had to mail it to a friend stateside first.

Good luck with the submission

I think this may help… Printable postage from the USPS Ebay store… payable by paypal.

Let me know how it works if you use it.
pages.ebay.com/usps/shippingitems/labels.html

Thanks for the help. After investigating, I’ve come up with 3 ways to work around this issue:

1. Send it to a friend/family member in US. Have them do the SASE thing, receive what it is, and forward it to you.

2. It’s possible you could use UPS. I remember I had to to this for some official papers when I applied for a job here in Taiwan. My gf reminded me about this, so UPS may help.

3. Beg the people to email you the shit instead. This has worked for me and I now no longer need the SASE.

Thanks for the suggestions and help everyone.