How to spot a psychopath

" A new study by Scrap Car Comparison has revealed that BMW drivers are most likely to be psychopaths, in addition to those that drive electric cars or have personalised number plates."

1 Like

not saying that so much these days!

1 Like

Those posts from a decade ago are something else.

Forumosa really has changed hasnā€™t it. :rofl:

Guy

If Iā€™m attracted to themā€¦ they are a psychopath.

3 Likes

If someone is attracted to psychopaths, what does it say about them? They like to get charmed? Overly need attention? A bit vain and needy, perhaps?

Am I victim blaming to suggest this?

Are psychopaths victims of something??

They probably have been. Iā€™m no expert on this. Psychopathy is a pathological behavioural thing, isnā€™t it? Itā€™s only when they act on it that itā€™s an issue.

Huh, I half assumed the real ones are born that way. Most arenā€™t serial killers, but bank presidents.

1 Like

IMO itā€™s a type of behaviour, not mental illness. Combined with childhood damage, which is likely as the parents will share similar genes, it can be very damaging to others. If not, as you suggest, psychopaths are likely to excel as bankers, politicians etc. That can be more damaging, of course, but less immediately obvious.

IDK enough about it to say one way or another, but what about psychopathy simply being further down the bell curve of neuro divergent?

Thatā€™s what I was trying to say. Theyā€™re not mad, just different in ways that are not healthy for others.

1 Like

Now this, my brother, is true empathy. Respect.

1 Like
1 Like

the cool dispassion of a surgeon, the tunnel vision of an Olympic athlete, the ambitious narcissism of many a politician

I disagree with this. But, I could be wrong.

Itā€™s implying that any selfish objectives are psychopathic.

Roger Federer is a psychopath?

Psychopaths are the type of people who have a complete disregard for others. They have no concept of boundaries and to that end do not respect other peopleā€™s personal space. These are the kind of people who engage in harassing others whether online or in person.

Psychopaths bump ten year old threads. :crazy_face:

I donā€™t think thatā€™s true to everyone. I would think psychopaths are rather socially aware and charming.

1 Like

Not necessarily. I doubt they would risk their narcissistic tendencies and their ego with the number crunchers online.

1 Like

Yes. Cult of personality.

True, but every tactic used by a psychopath is only for personal psychological gain/need (whatever that may be).