How to take advantage of strong TWD

I’ve been buying things with NTD and avoiding VAT in European countries.

I got a tailored suit made in London and saved about 400 pounds from VAT alone and used my strong NTD to buy in pounds.

1 Like

Order lots of stuff online, Amazon, whatever.

Maybe use Aliexpress instead of Taobao if RMB is stronger than USD.

I got a tonne of red ones. You give me only one of your blue ones and I’ll give you three of my red ones.

Kidding

TWD keeps going up and the Taiwanese Central Bank keeps trying to push it down. Below 29 against the USD right now. Let’s see if Taiwan ends up on the US currency manipulator list again.

1 Like

Only if NTD depreciates.
If NTD appreciates (which it has since breaking below 30), the US is happy, because it can sell its goods more “cheaply” in Taiwan.

Bank is selling me USD for 28.765 right now… gonna buy a couple of grand.

1 Like

US needs imports more than exports. They hardly export anything except for luxury goods.

NTD is appreciating against USD because USD keeps going down the toilet.

Exporting valued added things isn’t a bad thing.

America’s running big deficits, so it clearly isn’t enough.

Meh. Deficits in a mature economy is not the big deal it’s made out to be…otherwise the stock market would tank.

1 Like

So you’re saying if I were rich enough, I could run debts much higher than my net worth and that’s ok?

Of course. Look at our president!

4 Likes

As long as someone thinks you’re good for it and keeps loaning you money, mebbe?

1 Like

I was never in debt until I owned a house.

As soon as I signed, the bank wanted me to take an 80% Home Equity Loan out.

OUR?!
Don’t bring us all into your circus!

1 Like

Trade: The top exports of United States are Refined Petroleum($95.8B), Planes, Helicopters, and/or Spacecraft ($57.9B), Cars($51.4B), Crude Petroleum ($45.5B), and Integrated Circuits($37.1B). The top imports of United States are Cars ($177B), Crude Petroleum ($140B), Broadcasting Equipment ($84.9B), Computers ($80.8B), and Vehicle Parts ($73.6B).

1 Like

Will we see 1:25 before the end of the year?

I guess this means I should start ordering stuff from the states… if I have money that is.

Predictable result…

3 Likes

OK I don’t live in Taiwan so what I’m interested in is the cause of the strong NTD.

Maybe this is what’s causing the Taiwan dollar to appreciate?