How to trade stocks in Taiwan

yup.

1 Like

I’ve picked up a few more things on sale so to speak but can’t help but wonder if this is the correction everyone was talking about

TSMC’s 3nm process will start ahead of schedule. Expect it to rally when markets open on Monday.

1 Like

Hey guys and gals,

I’ve been trading since the new year, and wow… it’s been one crazy ride. It’s more a learning / training wheels period for me then actually making money but I’m enjoying the prospects of trading/investing other then the usual noise and dips.

Interactive Brokers and Questrade should be both good, since I’ve got accounts in both brokers. IB has the best rates for near-zero commission (I still wish we had access to Webull outside of the US).

I would suggest joining a trading group or paper trading at first to get a feel of the markets, but ultimately it’snot the same as having some “skin in the game.”

If you’re going to invest in US stocks, better to open an account with a US broker. Most places, commission is free or minimal… primary cost would be the outbound wire fee but there are ways to get around this as well (HSBC has global transfer but you would need a US HSBC account to do this - and I think Citi has something similar… transfer fees for this is minimal)

Some brokers allow you to buy fractional shares as well (though I haven’t done this) which is more low-balance friendly

So I’m a total noob and want to invest in ETFs like MSCI World to buff my future pension a bit. Back in Germany you just open an online bank account, move some money into it and then buy what you want. I recon it’s not that simple here? Are there any comprehensive guides in english for trading ETF in Taiwan?

1 Like

It works the same everywhere where you got internet, including Taiwan.

I suggest you get something offshore as the local institutions interfaces I suspect suck + offerings are limited

1 Like

TSMC kept tumbling on NASDAQ along with everyone else. I thought they would rally with the announcement. I was wrong.

1 Like

Stocks are taking a huge dump these past few weeks especially tech. It’s like the market collectively decided tech wasn’t cool anymore and everything went back to banks and oil.
I’m sure the hedge funds are flushing out all the weak hands to buy up all the cheap stocks

1 Like

How long do you think this’ll last?

I don’t think tech stocks are cheap though.

Invest fractionally and let that grow. Analysts say tech stocks will rise around 20% this year

Everyone i know seems to buy in large lots and holding onto them for a week at most. I think a lot of this is gambling and not investing.

POtato PotAto

One analyst :sunglasses:
DCA is good, suits me.
I’ve been more focused on travel stocks. I will add tech only because I have been very light on that.

1 Like

You’re right that’s why I’m heavy in natural gas and banks now. It’s been all green where my index fund has been bleeding all week

1 Like

Not sure. It’s got me nervous with all the red.
I was going to DCA daily but instead will sit it out for a week or so and see what direction we are headed.

DCA weekly or monthly would be better I think. Unless you want to get into an area that could get a lot of attention soon such as travel when every resort and cruise ship is suddenly booked up and their profit margins and revenue come back big time Me I’ve been fattening up on CCL. It’s still an easy 50%'er or more. Disney rose a fair bit but also a good long termer. Excellent mix of bricks and mirtae and digital.

Looks like they rebounded already.

Why do I feel like this is a bull trap? The rug has been pulled repeatedly so far.