I have recently opened a trading account in Taiwan, maybe my process could help others:
- I first tried Taishin, but got terrible service
- I opened my account at Fubon.
- don’t go to a regular bank first, you have to find a Securities branch
- it’s important to have all your paperwork ready. Passport, ID, I have an APRC, your TIN number from your home country. I also needed a letter from my local tax office. This part might differ depending from the country you are from and the different rules and regulations regarding that.
- Most of the forms I had to sign where in Chinese. And I had to fill out these forms in Chinese. Things like my name and address I had to write by myself in Chinese. It also took a surprisingly long time. It took the whole morning for me so clear your schedule.
- After you set up an account at the Securities Branch you have to go to a regular Fubon Bank and open a regular bank account.
- After you get your bank account you go back to the securities and they will do the last bit of paperwork.
- You have to download app (all in Chinese) and register.
Now I am able to trade in Taiwan the US Japan Korea Singapore Hong Kong and in Europe using the app