How to transfer money New Taiwan Dollar to Euros (via HIFX or via HSBC direct)?

Hi,

I would like to transfer money from my taiwanese bank account (in New Taiwan Dollars) to my bank account in Europe (in euros).

Does anyone know how to transfer it via a Foreign Exchange booker (such as HIFX) or via HSBC Direct Taiwan ? Does it need to be converted to USD first ?

NB: This is a personal tranfer.

Regards,

symbion

Just go to the bank. Any intermediary conversion or transaction is transparent to the consumer.

Has anyone tried via a FX broker ? I have used HIFX to transfer British Pounds to Euro (cheaper than any high street banks) in the past and I was wondering if I could do the same in this instance.

Has anyone tried via a FX broker ? I have used HIFX to transfer British Pounds to Euro (cheaper than any high street banks) in the past and I was wondering if I could do the same in this instance.
.[/quote]

FYI: I have succeeded in transferring an amount in USD from HSBC Direct Account in Taiwan to HIFX. HSBC and their “middle bank” (as coined by the lady on the phone) charged around 26 USD (they won’t tell how much they will charge until they carry out the actual transfer). It was pain in the ass to do (spent 45min on the phone) as HSBC Direct did not know how much their “middle bank” would charge in the place which makes the transfer difficult when a fixed amount of money must be sent to a money Foreign Exchange Broker such as HIFX.

[quote=“symbion”]
FYI: I have succeeded in transferring an amount in USD from HSBC Direct Account in Taiwan to HIFX. HSBC and their “middle bank” (as coined by the lady on the phone) charged around 26 USD (they won’t tell how much they will charge until they carry out the actual transfer). It was pain in the ass to do (spent 45min on the phone) as HSBC Direct did not know how much their “middle bank” would charge in the place which makes the transfer difficult when a fixed amount of money must be sent to a money Foreign Exchange Broker such as HIFX.[/quote]
I’m transfering regulary to Germany. Costs me Euro 5.50 on the German side (Deutsche Bank) and Euro 7.60 on the Taiwan side (Mega International Commercial Bank)
Totally Euro 13.10 = USD ~17.00, remittance type is “Share”. Its done by online banking (preregistered accounts) and in English. Takes me less than a minute each time.
If you don’t know the intermediary bank it will be much higher (I used to pay 17 Euro extra when using a much more local bank in Germany due to the intermediary bank was different).

My french bank charges an atrocious amount of money when it receives euros outside SEPA zone and 0 when it receives money from a country within SEPA zone. Transferring 3000 euros would have cost around 100 euros in fees (70% of it taken by the french bank). Hence the reason why I go through a FX broker in SEPA zone.

[quote=“symbion”]
My french bank charges an atrocious amount of money when it receives euros outside SEPA zone and 0 when it receives money from a country within SEPA zone. Transferring 3000 euros would have cost around 100 euros in fees (70% of it taken by the french bank). Hence the reason why I go through a FX broker in SEPA zone.[/quote]
are you with some kind of farmers bank? maybe time to change :slight_smile:

[quote=“engerim”][quote=“symbion”]
My french bank charges an atrocious amount of money when it receives euros outside SEPA zone and 0 when it receives money from a country within SEPA zone. Transferring 3000 euros would have cost around 100 euros in fees (70% of it taken by the french bank). Hence the reason why I go through a FX broker in SEPA zone.[/quote]
are you with some kind of farmers bank? maybe time to change :slight_smile:[/quote]

:roflmao: unfortunately, I am not. That’s a regular bank available in major french cities. I will be change bank later this summer.