How to unstuck a VERY stuck zipper

The zipper on my biggest and rather expensive suitcase is jammed up with friggin mold or rust or some other green substance and it won’t budge. I’ve already tried a shitload of WD40. Does anyone have any special techniques?[/i]

Coca Cola!!! Try not to get it anywhere else.
You have to leave it overnight. No idea how you’re going to do it without spilling it everywhere.

Coke should do it. Be sure to clean it well afterwards. If you rub a (unlit) candle over the zip afterwards it’ll stay smooth. You can also use a soft pencil but it’ll be more messy.

If you can’t locate a candle, bear fat works equally well…

Pig fat works well also.
But not just any pig fat.
It must be wild pig fat.
From virgin wild pigs.
Who were captured in a tranquil mood.
Good Luck.

(I’d go with the candle wax myself)

Keep it in the bedroom ya perve!

tears of iberian yaks is supposed to be magic on zippers.

coke - is there anything that stuff can’t do ?

[quote=“ac”]tears of iberian yaks is supposed to be magic on zippers.

coke - is there anything that stuff can’t do ?[/quote]
Yeah. It does a very poor job of keeping your teeth in your head.

I was worried that this was going to be another case of the beans above the frank. :noway:

Yeah, once the foreskin gets stuck in there, nothing to do but take a deep breath and give it a yank. :astonished:

What Technology is this post talking about?!

It’s engineering, dude. :stuck_out_tongue:

So did it work??

Actually, no. In fact, I tried the coke treatment repeatedly over several nights. Each morning the damn zipper was still as stuck as if it had been welded together. Any other ideas?

[quote=“Vay”]Actually, no. In fact, I tried the coke treatment repeatedly over several nights. Each morning the damn zipper was still as stuck as if it had been welded together.[/quote]Those guys from the “Mythbusters” programme on Discovery tried out a lot of the popular “cola treatments” for various things such as cleaning stuff, but found that it didn’t really do much. I think they found it was alright for cleaning chrome, and it turned teeth a bit brown overnight, but for other purposes didn’t have much of an effect.

Actually, no. In fact, I tried the coke treatment repeatedly over several nights. Each morning the damn zipper was still as stuck as if it had been welded together. Any other ideas?[/quote]

Have you tried tapping it gently (repeadedly) with something resembling a hammer and chisel, so as to break up whatever’s inside?

No, but tthat sounds good. I’ll give it a go!

Sounds like you’ve got a small piece of fabric trapped between the slider and track. In that case I use liquid soap and two pairs of pliers (needle-nosed and regular) to gradually work the slider and fabric apart.

Another solution is to use a small razor knife to trim the fabric trapped under the slider.

If you ever have the misfortune of getting “yourself” trapped in a zipper, simply cut the zipper free from the piece of clothing and it will easily disassemble at a right angle to the direction of zipping. No need whatsoever to undergo the torturous process of trying to unzip it.

To disassemble the zipper after it has been cut away from the clothing, use scissors to cut thru the zipper just above the metal clip holding the bottom ends of the zipper together and it will easily come apart.