YouTube Premium in Taiwan

Not yet available in Taiwan.

I want YouTube Premium on my phone

• Ad free videos and music
  • YouTube continues playing even when you leave the app so can turn on a YouTube video music playlist let it run.

Edit: My main music feed stream seems to be YouTube. Lots of original and added artist content like live shows or private performances that isn’t available on Spotify, iTunes, etc. So I want YouTube to continue playing when app closes or phone is locked.

If I join with a credit card like I’m outside of Taiwan (VPN, incognito, etc.), will it work in Taiwan? Or will I still need to use a VPN or something all the time?

Screenshot_20190803-223715_YouTube

1 Like

Giving money to Google?

You can use an ad blocker or Brave browser to block ads although idk about the second one maybe spotify premium if it’s just music

2 Likes

My main music feed stream seems to be YouTube. Lots of original and added artist content like live shows or private performances that isn’t available on Spotify, iTunes, etc.

So I want YouTube to continue playing when app closes or phone is locked.

You using firefox for mobile?

It’s simple. Install YouTube vanced. Just don’t forget to disable auto-update YouTube app in Google Play.
https://youtubevanced.com/

I haven’t tried it recently but when I tried to subscribe perhaps half a year back, I was unable to do it even trying a US credit card and US mailing address.

probably because your ip was coming from a server in tw

Prices of many YouTube subscription services in the United States have been raised, and YouTube Premium in Taiwan and Hong Kong has also followed up the price increase.

Taiwan YouTube Premium personal plan is NT$199 per month, previously NT$179
The family plan is NT$399 per month, previously NT$269
Student plan NT$119 per month, previously NT$109

4 Likes

Better deal than in the US, where the fee just increased to US$13.99/month.

1 Like

People with families hardest hit

Yes, almost 50% price hike for family plan :face_exhaling:

Too much for what it is.

Can keep it playing with your phone closed by taping a tiny piece of cardboard on the inside of your phone cover. That’s useful if you want to keep listening to it when the phone is in your pocket.

Worth it for skipping the adds and playing with the screen off

3 Likes