This is what we did before garmin

1 Like

I could watch this on a loop.
https://youtu.be/2RQrKP9a0XE

1 Like

From eyesore to sight for sore eyes.

2 Likes

IMG_20190428_130651

Same place. Same angle. Testing out wheels that my friend let me borrow. Was excited to go out in them tomorrow during break, but…weather looks like crap.

Quite the reach?

After looking at it, yeah, quite the reach, but it feels fine to me.

Oi, get your yellow spokes lined up, mate!

Mavic won’t like you if they’re at an angle.

and bar tape should match the seat color! Other than that, you’re good to go…

that is quite a stretch: long steam and seat set all the way back. Perhaps short legs?

It was great today. I am a friendly rider.

Oh shit, Velominati police coming by.

Nailed it.

Gorgeous day and I went out for my second ride in a week, which, er, may be the first time I’ve done that since last summer.

And now I know what a blown tire feels like! I’ve had many slow deflations before but never the sudden explosion. That was interesting - my equally explosive “F*CK!!!” got some side-eye from a pair of middle-aged women walking by. Glad a bike shop was only a fifteen-minute walk away.

I’ve also learned that I should change tires a bit more often, and I need to oil my chain more often.

And I’m not sure what to do about vision. I’ve always worn contact lenses (with sunglasses) while riding - that’s now the only time I wear contacts. But for a few years now I’ve needed reading glasses, which becomes a problem once in a while, like for example when I’m looking at a phone to try to remember how to change a tire. (I’ve done it once before. A few years ago. With YouTube support. This is something I need to drill myself on at home. I could do it if absolutely necessary, but it should be easy for me, and it is not.)

They make bifocal/multifocal contacts now…but they’re not cheap.

1 Like

Yeah, next time I get new glasses (which should be soon), I’ll look into them. I’ve heard mixed reviews.

Nice to see there is progress, 3 weeks to go ;).
And … I restore V-12’s for a hobby, changing a tire is nothing, just pass by …

1 Like

We are super spoiled living in Taiwan when it comes to any kind of maintenance. I’ve luckily never had a flat whilst riding as I change my tires whenever I see that the kms have been racked in and the treads are disappearing. For the more casual rider, a 400-600NT investment on a new tire will save you the hassle.

Glasses with color changing lenses or magnetic (snap-on) sunglasses?

1 Like

Had a chilly ride up to Maokong this morning, which in and of itself wasn’t interesting, but man was it clear. Most of the time it looks pretty soupy with haze, pollution, fog (take your pick, I know it can be controversial here sometimes). You could see the lights very clearly on the Linkou plateau and even small lights on Yinghan in Bali. Pretty rare for winter.

No bikes no likes so…

11 Likes

Speedvagen! Lovely :star_struck:.

1 Like

The chances of seeing Yang Ming Shan from Maokong is like…never. Even if it’s a clear day out, you still got clouds covering up most of YMS.

The view is good, but idk, the bike sure as hell could steal the thunder of your view. Sick!

2 Likes

You win @squall1 . Both bike and view.

3 Likes

I have to post them, cause it was awesome; 10 min from my house the fog started to roll in.
I hate rain, but fog makes those mountain roads and the sounds out of the jungle terrific.
Then add the Sakura, the lack of cars, and a rebuilt, super fancy 7-11 at the end !

7 Likes

you a big legs man, eh?

2 Likes