How was your ride today?

I rode to work today (18 km, 45 minutes). Managed to do the 14% grade (about 500m) at the end on the track bike without putting a foot down or changing rhythm. Out of the saddle, of course… Happy to see that I’m getting better at riding it.

1 Like

We went along the main road No.5 and turned a right turn into Nuan Nuan and through the tunnel on the 2丙. This tunnel is a bit on the new side, dont’ think this was here when you were rockin’ the southern hills on your 53/39 cranks.

Exiting the 2丙 tunnel, we took a right turn which leads you into a back road by Shi Fen. After a quick water refill, we hooked a left up the road towards the weather (radar?) station on Wu Fen Shan.

2 Likes

That’s a nice new tunnel… pretty long one too!

and never a 53-39, always a 50-34… but an 11-23 on the back left me wanting, and has since been replaced with an 11-25.

One day (if you have not already) you should try the Qinjin road, and loop it onto the North 33 (Xiding road) at the Luku Memorial Park to get back to your start point. it’s nice in cherry blossom time.

I like to think you were :smiley:

I’ve done it before. I think we have a route planned to do Qin Jin this 10/10 weekend. I haven’t been back there in ages. The PRs will be worth the pain.

I am on 11-28 and really considering the 11-30 cassette as yesterday was epic pain on the final 3km to the weather station. I figured having 50-34 in the front was enough…

…it’s not. It never is.

1 Like

I must compliment you on those epic photos and that average speed, which is twice mine on the flat :sob:

1 Like

learn to love mashing and always climb out of the saddle. you should see your sweat dripping onto the front axle…

bugger that high cadence rubbish.

:smile:

Dunno if it’s my (lack of) height, or a set-up that may not be ideal, or the fact that I almost never rode a bike until I was an adult (which is 100% the reason I’m not comfortable drinking from a water bottle while riding), but the climbing out of the saddle thing almost never happens for me. Once in a while I’ll try it, and it just feels like I’m in a more uncomfortable position for at best equal, but probably worse, efficiency and power.

Could also be that by the time I’m tired enough that standing on the pedals seems like a good idea, I’m dizzy and light-headed enough that standing on the pedals seems like a terrible idea.

Don’t forget, if I climb, I have to descend too! Half of my ride was descending :wink:

Balance could also be a factor. However, practice makes perfect.

One of my colleagues was deathly afraid of riding out of the saddle on the flats, don’t even mention climbing to her.

I told her to practice on short ramps and when the riverside is empty. She’s still working on prolonging her time out of the saddle, but says she’s gaining confidence.

1 Like

You bought an s-works? Mr money bags.

You don’t actually have to, if you prefer to stay seated, then you do you. Whilst I advocate getting comfortable with something to eliminate nervousness, cycling should fundamentally be an enjoyable experience.

3 Likes

Shhh, don’t tell the wife.

I’m putting this here as it would take too much explaining in the coronavirus funny pics thread.

4 Likes

Should put it in that thread just to see who gets it.

I am so tired of my rides looking like this.

On the bright side, monthly fee has been well used.

You chose one with Yates chalked on the road as a Get Well card for him? Sad to see the whole team is now out of the Giro.

It was actually a randomly generated screen shot from my “ride”. Did not think that it would have another meaning to it.

Ok, I lied when I said all my rides have been online, I did get out on Saturday for a brief loop de loop.

This was my max effort.

Waiting for you @the_bear

Still haven’t bought a bike…

Why aren’t you out much, weather?

Probably the worst excuse…ever. I would’ve taken almost any other excuse :laughing:

It’s been London weather ever since after the first weekend of October.