How white is Forumosa? POLL

Mencia explains in 1:55

Did you know that Carolus Linnaeus initially separated human into 4 distinct species:
White European (Homo europaeus albese)
Black African (Homo africanus nigr)
Red American (Homo americanus rubescens)
Brown Asian (Homo asiaticus fuscus)

And in some ways not. Mexican food is vastly superior to Filipino food.

4 Likes

Mexican seniorita is much spicier

Mamacita!

1 Like

It’s not funny when you have to play dota on a SEA server

1 Like

Press F to pay respect…

1 Like

Sorry, but you have to design the poll options better if you want my vote. A panda can’t choose between black and white. Latinos are not by definition ‘non-white’. Some are white Latinos, for instance, but don’t identify as white; they may identify e.g. as white AND Hispanic. It’s like asking whether someone is white or Jewish (choose only one!). It’s a dumb question. Sorry.

What do you mean by this?

1 Like

I knew the options are not good, but cannot design any better simple options, other that more than half white, half white, or less than half white, and I thought it is too simple.

aren’t they European?

1 Like

Yeah, it wouldn’t let me choose two options, so I didn’t vote.

No. Most of their ancestors may have been.

yes, I meant that.

It occurs to me that, rather than do polls like this by skin colour, or use meaningless words like “ethnicity”, you could do it in a fairly uncontentious way by the landmass that you consider “home”. Obviously, you’d have 30-40 categories, but at least it wouldn’t cause too many arguments.

I don’t look Anglo-Saxon, but contributions from other cultures are nil. I’m as British as a pink-faced ginger guy.

You asked “White people are the dominant majority of Forumosa posters?”, which is an outdated and overly simplistic racial concept, then you ask about color, then you mention ethnicity, then, you mention appearance. Then you mention ancestry. But you only allow one response. Which one is it? A person with mostly white Euro ancestry may appear black. And they could identify as ethnically Hispanic. Carelessly worded and confusing polls are not valuable. You should EITHER ask about identity, and allow multiple responses (there are black Latinos for instance), OR ask about appearance, or ask about dominant ancestry (while allowing for a mix in answers). Jumping around in followup posts isn’t good form. The results won’t be of any value IMO. I’ve voted based on majority ancestry, but picked the same option a light-skinned black American might, on that basis, and we don’t look at all alike.

2 Likes

Geez. We could hold our arm up to the screen and pick one of these. I’m sure one of you piebald mofos would bitch though. image

2 Likes

Hey, man. There’s only one race–the human race. :rainbow:

2 Likes

I like all the colors. I have ***** and will ***** all of them

***** -> love :slight_smile:

And everyone gets a prize for trying.

1 Like

Unless you’re born with white privilege. Then you get points deducted.

3 Likes