How would you feel accepting help at work from your GFs family?

Well, you have to admit, building connections are a skill (maybe not so much if they’re family connections). Haven’t you ever heard of networking?

Squeaky clean. Squeak…squeak…squeak…

He explained why it makes him uncomfortable.

1 Like

I had a chat with someone about it today. He put it this way, that pretty much anyone that I work with struggling living pay check to pay check hoping to get promoted and a raise would dream of having my opportunity and I’m only proud and refuse because I have a cushy life. I don’t have to worry about making ends meet like them, the financial part is secondary to me compared to my own pride of success. I have a house, car, I can travel on vacation anytime I really wanted and most of my co workers work like slaves and maybe hope for a short trip to Japan once every 2 years or something. And maybe one day will be able to afford a house outside of Taipei city vs me living in daan.

My gf also put it that they really like me not just because I’m dating her. They wouldn’t accept most guys she dates and let along put their own reputation out their to help me if they didn’t think I’m someone who’s worth it. That they wouldn’t do this for most of my co workers and just anyone.

1 Like

What’s your job?

Not saying you would. But I would like to keep it private right now as I’ve had bad experiences if another user come after my previous work place from an argument here. Most stuff I’m pretty open with the community but I’d like to keep this one private for now.

OOOooooooook.

1 Like

Once you’ve had someone try to fuck with your life online you become a lot more private with shit. Not here, but I belonged to a dumb meme group on Facebook, and one dude decided he didn’t like me and started sending harassing messages to my wife, parents, friends, etc. That’s one reason I don’t name my Uni here, unless it’s in PM with someone I know. You never know if there’s a crazy person that’s going to try to get some insanely personal revenge on you because you made some sarcastic reply to them once.

5 Likes

You’re probably going to do a lot better than the people who succesfully aim for exactly that.

Yep, remember somebody made a fake version of this site and started posting offensive pictures of people he knew from the site.
Those people do exist.
Best thing to do is not engage with them and give them ammunition.
Place on ignore.

1 Like

Completely agree. Best to just ignore anyone who seems crazy or “off.” Ten years ago I might engage or argue with a nutter, but it never leads anywhere good.

So that’s why everyone ignores me.

1 Like

That only shows that you’ll do well. Knowing what you are able to do is as important as knowing what you are NOT. :2cents:
If you accept it, they’ll just help you to get there, but you’ll have to show your value and that you deserve what you got.
Just don’t be like a turtle on a tree. People may not know it ended up there, but they surely know it wasn’t by itself…:turtle::deciduous_tree:

I’ll just put this here.

Practice mindfulness in everything you do, and try not to lose your way. :2cents:

Speaking of mindfulness, a better question might be ‘is China’s politburocracy better than America’s politbureaucracy?’

After all, nine unelected, unaccountable public officials with lifetime tenure in America have usurped so much policy making power over time that they are now the primary policy making body in the U.S., Just as China’s unelected, unaccountable politburo is its primary policy making body.

What’s left of democracy in America is little more than an opiate of the people.

Not this again! :rofl:

Oh, so that’s what the spelling difference is about – simplified vs. traditional!

Nice to know you respect tradition, Comrade. :wink: