How would you weigh your arm?

Well,

All sorts of complicated suggesstions.

Why not just put your arm on a weight scale?

I found this one on Google.

[quote] 2.3 Estimating the Weight of Your Left Arm

From the measurements of the length and average circumference of your arm, we can estimate the weight of your arm.  To do this we will make use of an idea, a couple of other facts, and an assumption.  The idea we will use is called

[quote=“Richardm”]
It’s for the left arm, so if you wanted to measure your right arm, I don’t know what to do.[/quote]
Shit…

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“Richardm”]
It’s for the left arm, so if you wanted to measure your right arm, I don’t know what to do.[/quote]
Shit…[/quote]
That’s going to skew the results though, I’m sure.

you guys are thinking about this way too hard… cut it off and put it on a scale.

If you have to do that, I think its a sign that you’re not getting sufficient roughage.

Hey, you can get it reattached, if its only for like an hour or so. I saw it on the news, i swear!

We must be talking about different things now. Why would anyone want to reattach it? And what would you reattach it TO?

Irishstu.

I think we should all do it.

“Heavy enough yet, Stu? Here, have another!”

An MRI scanner can do this. In fact, it is sometimes used to measure the weight of an unborn baby. It’s a pretty accurate science nowadays.

not even sure if this is a serious question, after all, how often is one required to know the weight of just their arm? my drivers license has my total weight, but no one has ever asked me how much my arm or leg weighs.

anyway,

my first aid book breaks the body down by surface area. it is for the purpose of determining the extent of a burn victims injury. it is in surface area, but couldn’t one use the same numbers for weight and get a “close enough” number for weight too? i mean all the parts are pretty equally made up of bone, muscle, skin and other parts-guts, veins, arteries, nerves, etc.

so it is broken down like this:

head: 9%
upper torso: 18%
lower torso: 18%
each arm: 9%
each leg: 18%
and it includes only 1% for the genital region. yeah yeah, “mines at least blah blah”

anyway i dont see why you couldnt use this as a measure of weight, even though its really for surface area.

jm

IichardM;
Your my hero
Of course the answer lies in the definition. What is an arm? All who answered had a rough idea but with no scientific thought. Think about it! An arm is actualy any weight that we pre-conceive it to be. Wait. Wait. Wait. My arm needs another scotch. It is OFF WEIGHT< HELLLLLP ME SCCOOOOTTTTY WEEE NEEEED MOOOORE POWERRR. GETTT ITTT UPPP SSSCOOOTTTTYYYYY>
Oh My hell. I need a hobby more than any white man I know needs a blow job.
Mods; You should probably move this just for the sake of my sanity - - - and a good single malt!